Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Moderator: VTRDark

lloydie

Re: Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Post by lloydie »

just done some checks on this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150928360833? ... 1423.l2649
its a cat B right off , so that means it can not be put back on the road (only sold for parts ).
so im going to have a bid on it for the engine and other stuff .
if i win it and the exhaust are good they will be for sale :D
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Marty and myself went to look at it today. I shall leave it for him tell you about it.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Looks like most of it is completely shagged - maybe the odd component towards the rear might be salvageable but not £500s worth
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:Marty and myself went to look at it today. I shall leave it for him tell you about it.

dont leave me hanging guys how was it ?
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Would you trust this, given he can't put the decal around the right way? -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-HONDA-VT ... 4abd7cc4f5
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydiecbr wrote:
cybercarl wrote:Marty and myself went to look at it today. I shall leave it for him tell you about it.

we went there today and couldn't get it start because of an electrical problem, we have agreed a deal for it which should be completed tomorrow, i'll keep you posted lloydie....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
lloydiecbr wrote:

we went there today and couldn't get it start because of an electrical problem, we have agreed a deal for it which should be completed tomorrow, i'll keep you posted lloydie....
Good luck mate I just hope the hiss system ain't fooked or you will be paying
Hundreds to sort it .
As you just can't drop a hiss engine into a older storm
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i can't see a problem if i use the electronics from my bike, lets see what happens tomorrow.... :wink:
theres a hiss kit from m&r on ebay at the mo :eh:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The loom will have differences, like the plug that goes into the dash and possibly the ignition barrel. I thing the ECU is a straight swap. I can't think of any other differences in the loom but there maybe some. Nothing that can't be worked out or worked around.

HISS is a load of old shite anyway, you don't want that, you better off flogging them. If you want an immobiliser you better of fitting you own as part of an alarm system.

If you really wanted to, at the end of the day you could do a Tweety and make a complete custom loom. :lol:

I cant see any reason why a newer engine can't be dropped in an older storm. Engine is the same apart from PAIR

Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

What are the exhausts and high level link pipes like? If you are not using them I may be interested :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I see its gone off the bay now :-(
Good luck with it bsm . Weldone hope you didn't pay to much for it
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the deal was done this afternoon, carl and my mate chris gave me a hand taking the front wheel and forks off so we could fit it in the back of my taxi.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
the bad news is i havent heard the engine running, we think its because the hiss transponder is missing/destroyed. the bike suffered a hardish front end impact, i have a hiss transponder on my other storm so in the next week or so we should have in running, even with the engine turning over it sounds stronger than mine, but that ain't difficult :wink:
as you said lloydie its a cat b so spares only, the only damage i can see to the frame is a snapped lug where the front subframe attaches to the headstock stem. my plan at the moment is to put together a very good road bike and also a track bike out of the leftover parts.
all i will have to do is source a 1x rad and a pair of forks/yokes and mudguard
the bike is very very clean considering its been sitting for a year or so. its got a good pair of racetecs on it and the wheels are in very good cosmetic condition, i will need to get the front checked my hagon tho. its also got goodridge braided front lines and the original toolkit :biggrin ...minus the feeler gauge thingy :(
the chain and sprockets look good, generally it was a well looked after 16k 53plate bike.
i will be selling a few parts in the coming weeks and i might be selling my full titanium big bore exhaust system, which means i will be using the high level scorpians that came on the salvage bike.
i will compile a list of items that will be up for sale in the near future.
so heres the biggie, the sale price was £650 cash..... :clap:
i'm a happy bunny, lets just see if i can get the engine running first tho :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Well done big man :-)
Bit more than I was going to pay lol .
But if I had it my plan was the same one for the road and one for the track :-)

I should have enough saved by spring to buy a f3 in good condition but I will wait till next winter to find one at a good price .
Then swap over my good bits and sell the current one (maybe) lol
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tbh lloydie money is very tight and if it wasn't for the fact that the bike was local i probably wouldn't have gone for it, in fairness the engine/high levels/wheels and tyres are worth the £650, everything else is a bonus. i'll keep my eyes open for you buddy... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If you just took the lump out to replace yours and then sold all the other parts plus break the old engine and sell parts from there you would soon get £650 back easy if not more. So basically you would have a low mileage engine for free. :thumbup: