what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Well depending on which weather forcast site you look at...It seems Wales is going to be mainly dry over the weekend...which is nice... :thumbup:

We are going to get a bit damp on the way there however... :thumbdown:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Spent the morning fettling Nue Red for Wales...

Oil check, brakes check, tyre pressures check, ducks check, extra cable ties for any ditch/tree/shrubbery/sheep interface moments check.

Also fitted a bloody rack ! With the Mori cans I have fitted no tie off points now & I can't use me throwovers...

SteveVanstub came over to raid Franks stores for some bits to get Blackhead back on the road, like all good Stormers he has gathered some spares around him since he got it but still needed some other bits...Frank even gave him some bits for free !

Geoff S came over as well to pick up the exhaust pipe he wanted & he left with something free as well !

I'm gonna have to have a word with Frank about this...maybe hold back the fly lunches for a week or three... :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you and frank are going soft.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Ever since fitting headlight relays my battery has been discharging more than it should. My optimizer is getting hot just trying to keep up with it. So, as a side note, the battery is knackered. Has been dodgy for a while. Imagine my pleasure when the local motor factors have a new one (by Joe Lucas, Prince of Darkness) for just 30 notes. Only 10AH (180CCA) but should be lot better than the old one.

But, that's a digression. Even with the supply side to the relays disconnected I'm getting a 114 mA leakage and you can hear the relays chatter when I connect the battery. The only supply to the relays is the solenoids now going through the switch block. WTF? Anyway, fairing off and diagnosis to do. May not be arsed tonight though.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

rode to Southampton bike Night! it was ok, local shops and cafes open and met up with some old faces. ragged the tits off it on the way back.

lol gel seats heated grips and dint need to fill up. :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Ever since fitting headlight relays my battery has been discharging more than it should. My optimizer is getting hot just trying to keep up with it. So, as a side note, the battery is knackered. Has been dodgy for a while. Imagine my pleasure when the local motor factors have a new one (by Joe Lucas, Prince of Darkness) for just 30 notes. Only 10AH (180CCA) but should be lot better than the old one.

But, that's a digression. Even with the supply side to the relays disconnected I'm getting a 114 mA leakage and you can hear the relays chatter when I connect the battery. The only supply to the relays is the solenoids now going through the switch block. WTF? Anyway, fairing off and diagnosis to do. May not be arsed tonight though.
Sounds like you have the "latch" side of the relay connected to a permanent live instead of a switched live.

You need to find a circuit which is only live when the ignition circuit is active.

Most people seem to use the rear light or brake light live feed but I use one from the rear of the clocks as the cable run is shorter, therefore lighter.

If you are able to measure load when the battery is connected; before the ignition is switched on, you have the wrong latch sensor connection.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

trimmed the large touring screen today and drilled and fitted the MRA deflector bit. vast difference.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Put the lightened hangers on that Paul (BigTwinThing) supplied and changed as many fasteners as possible to stainless ones. Taking out tomorrow if it's not pissing it down.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

Cleaned the rust off spare downpipes and sprayed with plasticote BBQ paint left them to dry
fitted left clip-on
put left hand hanger on
repaired right hand fairing and seat hump
repaired seat cowl i blagged off Frank&Mac the right colours as well
refitted downpipes and run it till the fans kicked in to cure the paint
replaced rear sub frame with a spare i sprayed the other day
photo's to follow :wave:

Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

How does bbq paint fair on headers?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I used the Hycote VHT clear which does not need heat to cure. Very impressed with it so far though I have not run it for long enough to see if it Yellows with time, but lovely to apply.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191486528668? ... EBIDX%3AIT
==============================Enter the Darkside
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

ConTRo13R wrote:How does bbq paint fair on headers?
can't see it being a prob do they get as hot as pipes
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ragged it back from Wales... :D
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Hope you're tyre is still legal Mac, not like last year?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

night trip! adjusted the headlight. Not too bad light really. My eyes are shite in the dark though.