what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
countrymick

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by countrymick »

are you bringing the KH to scotland AL that will help the rest of us keep up. :thumbup:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Nice work fella! Reminds me of my GP125....sniff :sad2
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice work Al :clap:

Chris.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Took 1 click of compression damping out of the rear shock and found suspension nirvana.
While the bike was down I changed the rear ride height (lowered it a little) and now that everything is dialed in, this is the best the bike has ever worked :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

countrymick wrote:are you bringing the KY to scotland AL that will help the rest of us keep up. :thumbup:
quick correction , say no more :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lumpyv wrote:
countrymick wrote:are you bringing the KY to scotland AL that will help the rest of us keep up. :thumbup:
quick correction , say no more :thumbup:

sorry, But that is an unacceptable slur on my character :Argue:

We go in dry :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

8541Hawk wrote:Took 1 click of compression damping out of the rear shock and found suspension nirvana.
While the bike was down I changed the rear ride height (lowered it a little) and now that everything is dialed in, this is the best the bike has ever worked :thumbup:
its funny how sometimes going backwards and lessening the adjustments can be a revelation... I have done the same this spring../.. taken 1mm off the rear spacers, dropped the rear sag slightly and backed off the rear damping and the bike is far better on real roads. I think all the track day stuff at the end of last year had got my settings set too hard.

but I am running the steering damper at a harder setting to keep it nice and composed with the suspension more compliant
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

love the KH AL...proper 70s fun :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote:love the KH AL...proper 70s fun :thumbup:
ride everywhere at full throttle and keep the momentum up by never touching the brakes :D no mechanical sympathy as its at the red line all the time!

I have ordered some new sprockets to gear it up a bit more as I can redline it in top at 70mph, so hoping to get it a bit faster :lol:
AMcQ
redpig

Post by redpig »

Looks nice
ook
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

On the way in this morn a bloke on an R1 pulled up along side me in traffic...'' Mate you've got no tail lights !''

OK ta I mumbled back...

Got to work & gave a quick check & sure enough no tail or brake lights... 8O

Durring the day I popped into a Halfrauds & picked up 2 tail light bulbs...of course I have a box of the bloody things in the spares horde... :roll: but needs must.

So end of day gets to the bike in the car park, lifts the saddle...both conectors are out... :crazy:

Plugged them in & both lights are ok..don't know if they just fell out or were never connected last time I had the rear plastics off...some time ago...

So the moral of this story is...check them more often you doughnut & make sure you check them after having had the rear plastics off...DOH !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I've done that so many times mac, that and forgetting to re-connect the front indicators......... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That's much better Al, tasteful and not over done :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Finished off the repairs to my tail fairing today, last bit of filling and bit of rubbing down. I gave it a coat of resin to strengthen the bits I repaired/filled. One lower tab and both rear grub screw holes by the stop light. I shall have to give that a light rub down tomorrow and re-drill new holes.

I want to start stripping the bike down next starting with removing the swingarm, cleaning up and greasing the linkages. While it's off I shall give the swingarm another coat of Black to get rid of the big scratch down the side. I still have some two pack paint left and while I'm at it I shall touch up a couple of bits on the frame. I might rub it all down this time to get rid of the light brush marks. It will leave it looking Matt, but when I get the chance I can polish it all back up to a shine. I'd like to give the 3M polish a go so will have to get some sample pots at some stage as I'm not buying the expensive big bottles. Where's Chric is he still about?

I might as well whip the exhaust and headers off too and give them another going over. Slowly but surly I shall do what I can with what I have in stock. I need to repair a broken a tab on my headlight too so that can have some fibreglassing and a spot of Black paint while I have it out. It's messing up the alignment not having it. Got to get as much of the painting out the way while I can as the brush is a throw away afterwards. All I need now is some good weather and sort my sleeping pattern out.

Might try and straighten my front fairing bracket too. A little heat and some force should do it along with a hammer. A bodge but that's all I can do right now. That can have a quick coat of paint too. I'm getting fed up with forcing up the mirror alignment when putting the fairing back on. One of my Harris reasets needs bending outwards a bit too so may end up getting a bit of heat and hammer treatment. :roll: I'm hoping I have some butane/propane left in my blowtorch.
==============================Enter the Darkside
popkat

Post by popkat »

First ride on my GSXR this evening, left work to pop home and get changed into riding gear, got off bike and heard a hissing, large split pin in the middle of my new rear tyre :evil: rode it flat back up to work, whipped the wheel out and tyre off and plugged it in super quick time. went home again to get changed and realised I'd left my phone and baccy to at work :lol: got changed and picked up phone etc, missed the guys riding but went out and met up where they were stopping.
Bike feels ok, doesn't seem as powerful as I remember GSXR 1000's ? it's going fast when looking at speedo though, guess the bottom end of the storm is pretty good. Unfortunately it seems my front discs are warped :( it's juddering from speed when braking and pulsing a little at very low speed, doesn't judder every time but most times it does. also picked up a couple of stone chips which is annoying as i've got ventureshield on order, need it with thin Suzuki paint.
All in I'm pretty pee'd off as I've got to spend money on it when I just want to ride it, new discs from Suzuki are cheaper than aftermarket ones but will take 7-10 days so until then I have to ride with the judder which spoils the fun a bit.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s