Names for Matlock Bath please.

General Biker Banter
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I dunno about a "run"

As we'll have vastly differing abilities and comforts and possibly a large group, planning stuff is difficult.

My kind of plan is to definitely get out somewhere Saturday. I'm looking at picking somewhere to go (any locals with knowledge be helpful here) then setting off no later than 11 am. Take it nice and easy on the way there and hoon as required on the way back.

It would be really cool to get 20 storms (plus blade interlopers :) ) pootling off somewhere, but I know people are gonna be: drunk / not arsed / wanting to do something else, so I'm not planning a "rideout"
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

Kitch wrote:I dunno about a "run"

As we'll have vastly differing abilities and comforts and possibly a large group, planning stuff is difficult.

My kind of plan is to definitely get out somewhere Saturday. I'm looking at picking somewhere to go (any locals with knowledge be helpful here) then setting off no later than 11 am. Take it nice and easy on the way there and hoon as required on the way back.

It would be really cool to get 20 storms (plus blade interlopers :) ) pootling off somewhere, but I know people are gonna be: drunk / not arsed / wanting to do something else, so I'm not planning a "rideout"
This kinda helps me to be honest cos I've managed to double book myself for this weekend :oops: The GOOD news is that both bookings are within 20 miles of each other, the BAD news is one is on the bike and one is in the shogun for a greenlaning day on the sat and pay and play day in a quarry on the sunday and after doing this last sunday - http://imageevent.com/joker777/kirtonapril29th07?n=0 - I'm itching to get it muddy again 8) (mines the lwb)

So at the mo I'm definitely going to be in matlock for the sat night for some beer and food, just a case of deciding which set of wheels I use :lol:
kevg

Post by kevg »

Kitch the bladers seems to be meeting about 10.30 at one of the guys houses, he's organising things from thier side, and says he'll take the stormers out also if no one organises anything on here, he'll lead.
cheerz

kev
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

I'm still on for Friday night and deffo up for riding out somewhere on Saturday.

Question is, do I keep in my Motorway rear Pirelli or do I put in the BT014??
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

I'm also still up for it. Gonna ride down sometime saturday, probably in the afternoon. Someone tell me where everyone's meeting as I ain't a clue yet! Won't be fussed about riding anywhere once I'm down there, will probaby just want to have a few beers with everyone. Then stopping over at the hotel Steve booked us at. I was just gonna play it by ear on the sunday to be honest, not fussed about a rideout for the reasons kitch mentioned. As the BSB is on at Oulton (I think) I might be tempted to do that on the sunday. :biggrin
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

RESULT!!!! Managed to wangle the weekend off....so deffo be about on Saturday if I can find where you guys r hanging out 8) 8)
alan

Post by alan »

Anyone riding through Leeds on Saturday to get to Matlock as i will ride down wih you?

Also seeing as i have clearance problems (exhausts) carrying a passenger does anyone want to give my wife a lift down but just thought you would have to be coming back on the same day as us :roll: :roll:

ps what time is everyone meeting?
kevg

Post by kevg »

just had a quick peek at the blade site, they seem to be meeting up about 1ish...anyone care to take some responsability and sudgest a time for you lot to meet up, and maybe get something organised.
cheerz

kev
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

I'll be heading down saturday afternoon - where will everyone be congregating? Ie. which pub.
Firestorm996
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Right you orrible lot, Friday night 2000hrs Fishpond's pub Matlock Bath. It's the last pub on the righthand side when travelling south on the A6 toward's Derby.
Saturday 1100hrs car park opposite the pub.
The route we will take on the rideout will be this way and that way and up over thier OK :?: :?
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

I'll be there!
Sounds like the pub is quite close to the hotel I'm booked at - which is always useful :D
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Is you orrible lot meeting back at the fishponds after you've been for a ride? As I'll only be getting down to Matlock late afternoon 4-5pm ish and won't be arsed about doin any riding saturday after that. The run down is quite decent, the way I usually go anyway.
Firestorm996
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

firestorm996 wrote:Is you orrible lot meeting back at the fishponds after you've been for a ride? As I'll only be getting down to Matlock late afternoon 4-5pm ish and won't be arsed about doin any riding saturday after that. The run down is quite decent, the way I usually go anyway.
I think we should be back for 5. need time to get changed and ready for a pleasant evening of soft drink's and chat. :roll:
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
Brian

Saturday - 11.00 hrs - Fishponds Pub car Park

Post by Brian »

Well done Silver Zipper !

11.00 hrs it is .

looking forward to meeting everyone
alan

Post by alan »

FirestormMike wrote:I'm going saturday Alan , I'll have vickie on the back though. just mock up a shock out of a steel bar :lol:

What time are you looking at setting off ?
Mike about 9.00 everyones meeting at 11.00 im gonna stiffen the shock and see if it will work.

Which way was you thinking of going?