GT 85 or ACF 50

General Bike chat
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: GT 85 or ACF 50

Post by Pete.L »

Kev L wrote:It's a Suzuki! Smother it in lard and it'll still decompose before your very eyes!!! :wave:
Ha! Ha! Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Obviously, that's what I'm afraid of :clap:

So it's looking like a combination of Lard, GT85, ACF 50 and Smothered in TT for good measure followed by eat,sleep,repeat and it might last until christmas :D
I'm surprised no one suggested covering it in chip fat and then just tossing a match on it and walk away :crazy:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Usually what I do with my winter bike, is around December time I clean the bike within an inch of its life, buy a can of AC50 and a paint brush and a plastic bowl.

After cleaning the bike, apply the AC50 on to the parts via spray and the wheels with the paint brush, cover up the callipers and make sure none of the AC50 gets onto your brake pads and discs, don't worry about the chain as your need to keep this clean as usual.

DO NOT WASH THE BIKE, let it get filthy and crappy over the winter period and then when you know the roads ( around March ) will be salt and crap free give the bike a far away jet wash and it will come up nice.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

StormingHonda wrote:Usually what I do with my winter bike, is around December time I clean the bike within an inch of its life, buy a can of AC50 and a paint brush and a plastic bowl.

After cleaning the bike, apply the AC50 on to the parts via spray and the wheels with the paint brush, cover up the callipers and make sure none of the AC50 gets onto your brake pads and discs, don't worry about the chain as your need to keep this clean as usual.

DO NOT WASH THE BIKE, let it get filthy and crappy over the winter period and then when you know the roads ( around March ) will be salt and crap free give the bike a far away jet wash and it will come up nice.
That sounds good to me (not cleaning it )
[THUMBS UP SIGN]
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Personally after I spray bike I tend to go over it with a paint brush to make sure the stuff gets in all the nooks and crannies, another tip I got was to paint brush engine oil onto the engine, but personally I have never done that.

The whole point of not cleaning the bike is that you want the ACF50 to stick to the bike, washing it will only put you back to square one.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

I have in the past used acf but difficult to apply from a can. Now I use the Scott oiler spray on wet bike it sinks into all crevices and to be honest its good values and works really well. but i do wash every couple of weeks because I enjoy doing it. it comes up really nice.

Acf is good but can you live with a bike that looks cruddy..............even though you know its protected.
it may be clever, but its not big.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

RAINMAKER wrote:I have in the past used acf but difficult to apply from a can. Now I use the Scott oiler spray on wet bike it sinks into all crevices and to be honest its good values and works really well. but i do wash every couple of weeks because I enjoy doing it. it comes up really nice.

Acf is good but can you live with a bike that looks cruddy..............even though you know its protected.
Its expensive stuff, that's why I spray a load into a plastic bowl and used a paint brush to get into the hard to reach places, thus saving the need to buy the more expensive stuff.

And yeah the bike goes from clean to cruddy pretty damn quick :)
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Cheers Boys,
I wasn't aware of the Scott Oil stuff , Thanks Paul :thumbup:
I had a quick search and found this Vid. I'd only bother with the first three minutes if anybody wants a look :wink:

I like to clean the crap off too and I don't know How I would feel about just letting it build up over the winter so I might do a combination of both.
I'm thinking, strip the plastics off and ACF50 all the unreachable hidden area, frame, engine under the fairing area's etc and then Scott Oil all the spots I'll be washing because they're easy access and they will get swilled regularly. What do you think?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pete.L wrote: What do you think?
get a car?
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Pete.L wrote: What do you think?
get a car?
a blue Suzuki swift................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

A pink C1 more like [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

C1. Swift? Nah!
This is more my style :D

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products ... pedal-car/
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pete.L wrote:C1. Swift? Nah!
This is more my style :D

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products ... pedal-car/

Love it, might get on in red for my god son.. Don't want it to be fast, so red or blue would work
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I can see you driving that pete lol
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I will be taking the biffer to a local bike shop that will be hosting an http://allyearbiker.co.uk/ cost about £65 quid, but they clean, dry, ACF50 and polish the bike.

from everything that I have read about ACF50 is that it needs to be sprayed on by gun and compressor, other methods cause it to run and not get into all the nooks and crannies.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bazza696 wrote:I will be taking the biffer to a local bike shop that will be hosting an http://allyearbiker.co.uk/ cost about £65 quid, but they clean, dry, ACF50 and polish the bike.

from everything that I have read about ACF50 is that it needs to be sprayed on by gun and compressor, other methods cause it to run and not get into all the nooks and crannies.
They also put a cover over the bike & then warm it up with a hot air blower before applying the ACF50...Apparently...No they dont, just watched the vid & its just a cover to protect the paint as they appley the ACF...Ho Hum wrong again... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...