alanfjones1411

Re: old tyres

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Been to my garage and checked wheel size and on one of the six spokes it 6 x 17
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

alanfjones1411 wrote:Been to my garage and checked wheel size and on one of the six spokes it 6 x 17
surprised that sits inside your swingarm.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:
alanfjones1411 wrote:Been to my garage and checked wheel size and on one of the six spokes it 6 x 17
surprised that sits inside your swingarm.
6" rim is easy , I've done it with the 06 blade wheel and now fits good in the storms swing arm .
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

After reading this post and discovering that my front tire was scrap, I rode carefully to the dealership I work for and purchased a new Michelin Pilot Road 3 for the front. It turns out the front tire was truly well past its sell-by date. On closer inspection, it even had two long gashes in the middle of the carcass. I feel better about riding it now. It also turns a bit quicker too. I had the dealer change it since I get a discount and they have the stands and I don't. I could have gotten the front tire out in a pinch but I would have had to rig the bike from the rafters in the shop.

John Leeper, the tech, got it done. I paid my bill and made to leave. John did two things: 1) he left my bike parked in gear, which I never do and 2) he left the kill switch in the off position. I know a lot of people do this but I never used the kill switch. This is a left over phobia from my British bike days where the switch gear was so iffy that moving a component that critical could result in a walking situation. I finally found neutral and, not knowing that the kill switch was engaged I gave the engine a few spins with no results. Once it dawned on me what the trouble was I flipped the switch and gave it a crank. The resulting explosion was ear deafening made even more so by the echo effect of a nearby building. No one was outside at the time but I talked to Dane the service Manager about it later and he said "everyone inside hit the deck." They thought someone fired a cannon or a shotgun. Dane said "I knew it was you when I heard the Superhawk light off right after that.”
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach