some bad news....(chico tonto/silly boy)

General Biker Banter
popkat

Re: some bad news....(chico tonto/silly boy)

Post by popkat »

I'm just glad your going to be ok Chris, doesn't matter how it happened.
Get well soon mate.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Cheers popcat :thumbup: I'm not sure if I'll be back on the road or not. Time will tell. I will certainly be on the track :)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ckennedy wrote:I'm not sure if I'll be back on the road or not.
Don't worry about that just right now.

Christmas spoiler Alert!
Had a word with the lad and we have decided to club together and get you some Tiddly Winks :D

Tell Imogen not to worry, we'll also get you the proper eye protection to go with it 8) and yes, it will be the smaller counter version so the pieces are easier to pass if you should accidently swallow one :wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

:lol: cheers Pete :thumbup:

Watty

Post by Watty »

Pete.L wrote:
Ckennedy wrote:I'm not sure if I'll be back on the road or not.
Don't worry about that just right now.

Christmas spoiler Alert!
Had a word with the lad and we have decided to club together and get you some Tiddly Winks :D

Tell Imogen not to worry, we'll also get you the proper eye protection to go with it 8) and yes, it will be the smaller counter version so the pieces are easier to pass if you should accidently swallow one :wink:
I've gone for the basket weaving kit for you Chris :lol: Take it easy buddy :thumbup: Oh and it looks like I won't be seeing you up mine next month now? :( Any excuse to not come north :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Sorry mate :( I'll be up at some point :)

popkat

Post by popkat »

Your a good rider, you'll be back on the road, now's not the time to think about that though, work on recovering first.
Then You can compare wonky wrists with Mac.

Who's bike did you trash ? is he now the proud owner of your ford Granada :wink:

My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

kinell mate !! that looks awful .

pleased to hear you got off so light :thumbup:

speedy recovery I hope
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

popkat wrote:Your a good rider, you'll be back on the road, now's not the time to think about that though, work on recovering first.

Who's bike did you trash ? is he now the proud owner of your ford Granada :wink:

the owner of the bike is a lurker on this forum, but active on facebook, his name is mark and he couldn't care less about the bike, he's only interested in chris's well being..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

I'm glad you are up and at least on your feet .I did wonder if you were having a competition with marty to see who can get the biggest cast ....you win .
The memories form that scene won't go away for a very long time and will certainly stay with me when im out on the bike in the future.
All the lads on the trip all pulled together and ensured ck had the best care we could offer at the time. The driver of the 4x4 was fixated on ck the whole time and was clearly shaken and concerned, he suffered burns from the deployment of airbags, thankfully we are all here to chat about this and "re live " the events. I personally wish ck and imogen a speedy repatriation to the UK and a swift recovery not only from the injury sustained but also from the further injury that imogen will give you when you are home :lol: .
And 1 for the lads involved (some on here and some not )- well done and thank you we worked well :beer:
popkat

Post by popkat »

agentpineapple wrote:
popkat wrote:Your a good rider, you'll be back on the road, now's not the time to think about that though, work on recovering first.

the owner of the bike is a lurker on this forum, but active on facebook, his name is mark and he couldn't care less about the bike, he's only interested in chris's well being..... :thumbup:

I didn't ask or imply if he was bothered about the bike Marty, who the f*ck would be after that, it was just a tongue in cheek cheer up comment hence the wink :roll:

Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Mark is ok about the bike. He has brought another one anyway and his engine was dieing so I may have done him a favour :lol: I'm going to sort it out with him over the next few days.

I hope that some good will come out of this and that those involved who have the memory will help keep them safe knowing what may happen. If that makes sense?

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's good to hear from you Chris :thumbup:
I hope all goes well with your recovery,

Chris.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Thanks Chris :thumbup: will be a long frustrating couple of months but I'll get there.

KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I've just finished a safe riding course. One of the most common places for a biker to have a bad accident is on a narrow country road with a blind left hand bend (LH UK, RH continental). Either the bike drifts wide or a car cuts the corner. Bang.

Not completely applicable to this incident but plenty of similarities. Those tunnels are bastids. I've done a lot of miles on Italian coast roads. Tunnel, viaduct, tunnel, viaduct etc... Even when well lit they are black holes after a sunny road and your eyes can't adjust fast enough.

CK you are a very lucky lad!

When things like this happen let's hope we all learn something.

Get well soon!!!!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)