Fifty Posts, for a sticker?

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Jazzscot

Re: Fifty Posts, for a sticker?

Post by Jazzscot »

Looks like someone does not agree with our forum 50 post rule.

Best make up a clever username and start a troll thread then.

Some people really need to get a grip.

The forum is here for the vtr1000 community and generally we manage to all get along on here just fine.

If you don't agree with the rules don't join the forum,simple. No point moaning and being an idiot about things.

The for sales section is here for members of our community to buy and sell parts etc from actively involved members not a place for Joe public to come buy cheap parts.

I personally think 50 posts for access to the for sale section is too few anyway but that's a debate for another time.

Our for sale section is

NOT A FREE VERSION OF EBAY! to be abused by non contributers of our community.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks Jazz, Well said :clap: :clap: That needed saying before things get out of hand and the forum turns into another facebook (god forbid), gumtree.... or is that pre-loved with the amount of VTR owners that end up selling once they reach the 50ish post limit. :roll:

And on that note can I kindly remind members to refrain from posting/offering items for sale directly :oops: in regular threads whether that's CCTs or some other part. Yes I know one is trying to be helpful most of the time when someone asks about a part but a simple PM sent is good enough. There is no need to advertise the fact that one has a part publicly and turn it into a sales pitch/thread so future members come across the thread and think it's OK to do the same and sniff for parts...if you know what I mean. This only encourages others to do the same and it spreads like a virus.

Ooo just heard some nice bike exhausts flying down the road. Sun is shining I may have to go for a little blast. Seems the bikers are out today. mmmm breakfast....cafe anyone :plainsmile

Safe riding folks. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
darkember

Post by darkember »

tony.mon wrote:
cybercarl wrote:
Just talk bollox! They soon mount up! Eh Mac :P
He didn't start talking about them until they dropped. :biggrin
If so...is it ok, to copy and paste this post, another 49 times?
That would be like taking a calculator into a maths exam.

Carl, you're allowed to take calculators into maths exams now. No-one uses slide rules or Log tables anymore.
I'll send you a telegram explaining it all.
Nah Carl was using the abacus.
macdee

Post by macdee »

helo and welcome to the club jacques schiddt

dont worry about the 50 post rule it doesn't take long to get there

where are you form
told you not to but oh no you knew better
jacques schiddt

Post by jacques schiddt »

Thanks everyone (even those that told me off!) :)

I'm near Aylesbury and yesterday, was my first proper ride of the Firestorm I've owned for three weeks. I dared not ride it until I'd done the manual cam chain tensioner installation.

How do I post a pic on here?

BTW...the ride was lovely (Abingdon and back).

Cheers!

JS
popkat

Post by popkat »

jacques schiddt wrote:Thanks everyone (even those that told me off!) :)

I'm near Aylesbury and yesterday, was my first proper ride of the Firestorm I've owned for three weeks. I dared not ride it until I'd done the manual cam chain tensioner installation.

Cheers!

JS
Use a hosting site, eg photobucket, load your picture then copy and paste to here.

What year storm you got and importantly to some what colour ?.......... your answers here could easly rack up a good few posts ;)

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

jacques schiddt wrote:Thanks everyone (even those that told me off!) :)

Cheers!

JS
well done mate :thumbup: they are a great bike for a summers day thrash. I still enjoy mine after 5 years....

have you had a v twin before?

posting a pic is easier than changing tensioners. as popkat said use a hosting site, copy the image with a right click then click on "Img" above and then paste what you have copied between where it says "Img" twice between the brackets . :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Or simply see the read me for new members below. You will find loads of helpful info there :wink: :lol:

Good to see your not scared away and are participating js, I look forward to seeing some interesting pics. The funny thing is...when you go posting a pic of your Storm we will spot things that you don't as we know the bikes. One day (or you may already I don't know) you will too. :plainsmile

==============================Enter the Darkside
budd

Post by budd »

tony.mon wrote:I didn't get a sticker when I'd reached 50 posts.

Welcome, matey join in the fun.
Tony PM me your address I'll send you a sticker :thumbup:
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
budd

Post by budd »

jacques schiddt wrote:Hello!

This is my first post to this forum.

I would like to buy a VTR1000.ORG sticker, please (to go on my newly acquired VTR1000)

I don't seem able to "PM" Pat and it appears that might be because I've not yet made 50 posts to this forum.

Have I got that right?

If so...is it ok, to copy and paste this post, another 49 times?

Just asking.

JS.
you have PM re stickers
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

This is not aimed at the O/P, I think he's got the message now :wink:
This is just my input while we're on the subject of Rule11.

I guess it's human nature to knock things when they don't fit in with our way of thinking.
It just gets a bit tedious to see people mocking the forum rules, especially when members have given up their time for FREE in trying to introduce rules to help combat unscrupulous new members. Fortunately we don't get too many of those, but they are about as we have found out.

Looking at the bigger picture, Rule 11 has been introduced to help all members, it's just unfortunate it can be a bind for new members if they would like to purchase something immediately. If you're joining our forum just to get that part at a reasonable price, that is not what this forum is about. If you're joining the forum to learn about your Honda Firestorm/Superhawk (trust me when I say "there's not much these guy's on here don't know about the Firestorm/Superhawk") and you end up contributing in conversation (posting) you'll soon reach 50 posts. In the mean time we get to know you a little more, and you get to know what we're like.

I have reiterated some of what Jazzscott and Cybercarl have already pointed out, simply because those are my views too.

A little respect for our forum rules would be very much appreciated. They were introduced to benefit all members, although going by a few you would never think so.

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Totally agree Chris, although I now have this image of you standing at the front of a classroom full of naughty school boys...flexing a cane...

No doubt Al, Lloydie, CK, BSM & Tony are sitting at the back, giggling & flicks bits of rolled up & chewed paper off their rulers...

Carlos, Popkat, Glrs & Bazza will be the swots in the front row... :lol: :lol:

Yes Sir...

'puts hand up to attract attention...'

Is it OK to go & post some posts now ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MacV2 wrote:
No doubt Al, Lloydie, CK, BSM & Tony are sitting at the back, giggling & flicks bits of rolled up & chewed paper off their rulers...
?
its bogies we are flicking at you :mrgreen:

and we are also rolling a large one to go smoke behind the bike sheds at break........ then we will try and chat up some girls [and fail] and then go ride our mopeds home.

sounds like GrangeHill :lol:
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Reminds me of when I got suspended from school for smacking Mrs Johnson on the elbow with a ruler ha ha
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:lol: I'll say one thing about you guy's, you never fail to put a smile on my face :thumbup:

Chris.