Old bloke trying to kill himself

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: Old bloke trying to kill himself

Post by Kev L »

Bearing in mind Hannah is a very pretty 23yr old, and I am likely to be breathing very heavily, salivating and dripping bodily fluids, the Jimmy Saville idea might not be the best idea :lol:

Thanks for the donations Geo, Virt and Al, very kind of all you guys.

Mac I hate to admit it but CRY supply the running vests and they are.........................R, rrrrrrrrrrr, rrrrrrrrr, rrrrrrrrrrrree, no I can't bring myself to say it. The colour code of R157. There that's as near as I can get.

Been out this afternoon and did a 9 mile run, took 90 minutes and I now feel like someone has taken a scaffold pole to my knees, but I got round. I downloaded Runkeeper from the app store which is a handy little tool for keeping check of minute/mile times, altitude gains, distance, times and produces a map of your route. Funny how different time and distance feel to actuality. If I had to guess I would have put the run at 10-11 miles, luckily GPS don't lie.
Kev
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Bearing in mind Hannah is a very pretty 23yr old, and I am likely to be breathing very heavily, salivating and dripping bodily fluids, the Jimmy Saville idea might not be the best idea :lol:

Thanks for the donations Geo, Virt and Al, very kind of all you guys.

Mac I hate to admit it but CRY supply the running vests and they are.........................R, rrrrrrrrrrr, rrrrrrrrr, rrrrrrrrrrrree, no I can't bring myself to say it. The colour code of R157. There that's as near as I can get.

Been out this afternoon and did a 9 mile run, took 90 minutes and I now feel like someone has taken a scaffold pole to my knees, but I got round. I downloaded Runkeeper from the app store which is a handy little tool for keeping check of minute/mile times, altitude gains, distance, times and produces a map of your route. Funny how different time and distance feel to actuality. If I had to guess I would have put the run at 10-11 miles, luckily GPS don't lie.
Kev
You may be wearing a REDrunning vest Kev but you can still have a blue tank on your head, come to think of it the blue tank hat will slow you down to counteract the RED vest & that will even out your time... :lol:

To save you some training effort I can take a scaffold pole to your knees for you...you'll get the same effect but with much less actual running...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You Sir, are all heart! I wouldn't want to cause callouses to appear on your delicate little digits, by having to use a rough old scaffold pole, why not try a baseball bat? Then I CAN INSERT IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE, YA WEE SHITE HAWK!!!! :lol:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

go kev !! only what you did today + 17 miles :eek2 :eek2
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Yorkie boy

Post by Yorkie boy »

Count me in. Full of respect, after failing in my attempt 5yrs ago - now it's always riding, not running.
Good luck with it, slow and steady wins the day - great cause and the crowd are fantastic.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Yorkie boy wrote:Count me in. Full of respect, after failing in my attempt 5yrs ago - now it's always riding, not running.
Good luck with it, slow and steady wins the day - great cause and the crowd are fantastic.
Cheers Fella :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:You Sir, are all heart! I wouldn't want to cause callouses to appear on your delicate little digits, by having to use a rough old scaffold pole, why not try a baseball bat? Then I CAN INSERT IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE, YA WEE SHITE HAWK!!!! :lol:
Now now I'm only trying to help... :lol: :lol:

Will you strategically placed helpers along the route to service the rubber foot things on your zimmer ? They must ware out really quick on the rough tarmac...

You know I am only jesting Kev. I really wish you all the very best in your efforts & I will happily donate to your cause. Good luck with the training. I'd be out of breath just tying up me laces... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I have a cunning plan Mac, more cunning than Ed Milliband preparing to roger his brother for the leadership of the labour party, more cunning than Marty setting up a deal for VTR parts. My plan is to print off 10 or so masks and have dopelgangers around the circuit of similar build and abilities. So Marty you're in for miles 2-8, Carl you have 8-11, Steve you're up 11-17, Mac will slip up the back way between 17-22 with Tony Mon staggering 22-25, I will obviously cover the first and last stints and accept all of the accolades.
Can't see a flaw in the plan at all, almost identical runners with equal levels of physical prowess. Carls limp might give the game away but it's worth a shot!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Donation sent mate, fantastic charity and I've no doubt you will finish it, good luck Kev :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks Watty, you're a Gent :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:I have a cunning plan Mac, more cunning than Ed Milliband preparing to roger his brother for the leadership of the labour party, more cunning than Marty setting up a deal for VTR parts. My plan is to print off 10 or so masks and have dopelgangers around the circuit of similar build and abilities. So Marty you're in for miles 2-8, Carl you have 8-11, Steve you're up 11-17, Mac will slip up the back way between 17-22 with Tony Mon staggering 22-25, I will obviously cover the first and last stints and accept all of the accolades.
Can't see a flaw in the plan at all, almost identical runners with equal levels of physical prowess. Carls limp might give the game away but it's worth a shot!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
everyone best stick a pillow up their t-shirts then....... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
the last time I walked (let alone ran) 6 miles, was when held up walking down the aisle of an airplane, travelling at 400mph, so technically 6 miles was travelled.... :biggrin
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks very much Green eyed Gecko for sponsoring Hannah and I. Much appreciated :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks very much for sponsoring me Jamie, you're a top fridge freezer and no mistake. I know how little plumbers earn! :wink: thanks dude :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks very much Wicky, very kind of you :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Cheers Stratman, much appreciated. :thumbup: