Chain Tensioners

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: Chain Tensioners

Post by VTRDark »

And keep the OEM look which is often preferred :thumbup:

I also fitted a pair of Ade Whitmarsh's CCT's recently and being a bit picky what I found a pain was that I had to tighten the locknut onto the end dome nut, yeh that's being picky but it's an extra step which takes time. I also found the threaded bar and nuts a bit chunky and clumbersome, especially when tightening up the rear one as the threaded bar is a bit long and can catch on the brake line and/or engine earth wire. Makes it awkward getting a spanner in there!!! A shorter bar for the rear works better. Sorry Ade, maybe you can use this as feedback for some improvements. Shorter threaded bar cuts back on costs too when you churn out a fair few :wink:

My personal favourites for MCCT's are Rider on a Storms but unfortunately he's not been on the forum for some time now.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cybercarl wrote:And keep the OEM look which is often preferred :thumbup:

I also fitted a pair of Ade Whitmarsh's CCT's recently and being a bit picky what I found a pain was that I had to tighten the locknut onto the end dome nut, yeh that's being picky but it's an extra step which takes time. I also found the threaded bar and nuts a bit chunky and clumbersome, especially when tightening up the rear one as the threaded bar is a bit long and can catch on the brake line and/or engine earth wire. Makes it awkward getting a spanner in there!!! A shorter bar for the rear works better. Sorry Ade, maybe you can use this as feedback for some improvements. Shorter threaded bar cuts back on costs too when you churn out a fair few :wink:

My personal favourites for MCCT's are Rider on a Storms but unfortunately he's not been on the forum for some time now.

(:-})
Great minds and all- I've just updated my comparison thread and made it a sticky, as this comes up fairly often. I made the same points....

I originally stuck it in the Dodgy Dealers, and Best Service section, so if a moderator :clap: could kindly drag n drop into Workshop Knowledgebase with the other CCT threads Id' be grateful.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Hi, I have shortened the adjusting screw to 100mm long now, its best to lock thin lock nut to dome nut before fitting to bike, this way is best.
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Just checked my ccts,17mm is the dome nut & thin locking nut, the nyloc nut is 15mm, which is locked off after adjustment.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

AMCQ46 wrote:its not as scary as you imagine... with the exception of Mac, Tony.mon, KevL, Lloydie, Virt, CKennedy, Jamie, BTT, Bannannaman, Macdee, CyberCarl, Agent P, the rest of the people on here are great guys. :roll: :D
:lol: :clap:

Welcome along dude :wave:

Pull up a chair and crack open a :beer:
Jamie :wave:
jaytee

Post by jaytee »

thanks mate, much appreciated
jaytee

Post by jaytee »

Do any of you chaps do any trackdays as a group ?
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

Jamoi wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:its not as scary as you imagine... with the exception of Mac, Tony.mon, KevL, Lloydie, Virt, CKennedy, Jamie, BTT, Bannannaman, Macdee, CyberCarl, Agent P, the rest of the people on here are great guys. :roll: :D
:lol: :clap:

Welcome along dude :wave:

Pull up a chair and crack open a :beer:
I have no idea what you mean! :lol:

Hi and welcome from 'Banannannman'! :lol:
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
Virt

Post by Virt »

jaytee wrote:Do any of you chaps do any trackdays as a group ?

Dear god no, I couldn't handle the embarrassment!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

jaytee wrote:Hello All
This is my first post in any forum let alone this one so please forgive any newbey mistakes :roll:
I have recently acquired a P reg Firstorm and have noticed i fairly loud ticking noise coming from the rear cylinder and being as there is a lot of talk about the CCT's on this site was wondering if there is any advice on changing them as they are the standard Honda type.

Cheers J
PM sent
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

No but it's about time we did one
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:
No but it's about time we did one

+1 on that :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I always do trackdays as a group- I can't afford to book the whole track by myself.
But no-one seems to want to play... :(

Billy-no-mates.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

tony.mon wrote:I always do trackdays as a group- I can't afford to book the whole track by myself.
But no-one seems to want to play... :(

Billy-no-mates.
if its local (i.e. less than 150 mile away) i will bring a skip to take me bike home in!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
jaytee

Post by jaytee »

you'll only trash your bike on a trackday if you try to ride too fast. other than that there a bit nervey to start with but great fun