BMW R 1100 Sport

General Bike chat
bigtwinthing

Re: BMW R 1100 Sport

Post by bigtwinthing »

Your sell it after trying to get to the battery :lol: :lol: :lol: there buggers. Good bike though, expect puff of smoke from the cans after its been sat on the side stand, thats normal.Mine was red ( so was my Storm,Fazer,Fazer,GPZ1100,Blade etc trend here eh!!!)
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I watched a video today funnily enough on how to change the battery, it doesn't look THAT bad but yeah its in a weird place, but then I suppose its not something you change all the time. Atleast shims are easy to check on the BMW, Turns out the bikes an S reg, so looking good, should be getting it within a few weeks, I intend to buy to keep but like I said if I can't get on with it then I will sell it on with new battery, oils and filters done with an MOT I've been looking at prices and these go with an MOT and similar mileage for around £1700 so I can't lose really, just a few hours work and a bit of headache and its on the road.

As regards try changing the battery earth lead on a Harley sports or taking the battery out of an XV750, both a total Buggers, the XV750 I had the charging system wasn't working ( didn't know at the time ) and even the AA guy stepped back whilst I sang hell Mary to get the battery out.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I fitted remote leads for charging mine from an optimate. I know some people even fit a long + lead for jump starts if the battery fails as there almost impossibly to get jump leads on.IF you intend to sell it on, don't take it to a BMW garage for the MOT. I had a few issues with brake disc bobbins and the servo was knackered. In the end i joined a Warranty Scheme thing to get the bike repaired under BMW UK as it was meant to have done 18000 miles but in fact was an import ( yes i know they all are sort of as there German) and had done about 48000miles in Sweden

BMW were brilliant over it and repaired it under there scheme but it cost me and was a lot of agro to get sorted. The Garage i bought it from went bust with about 30 angry customers and a particular salesman there works in a local sainsburys with a permanent limp!!!

The garage has since re opened and is excellent and offers a great service.
The bike was so different, went quite well and looked so different, i liked that. They do use quite a bit of oil but thats normal.Brakes are amazing and the no dive fork thing (tele lever) is quite amazing. The boxer cup ones ( Randy Mamola and then the red white and blue ones) have laser exhaust and sound a tad more fruity. The belly pan alone is about £600. The newer R1200s really shifts and makes 122bhp.

You will enjoy it iam sure.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

The thing is as I ride all the time and the missus uses the car ( I pay, petrol, tax, insurance and anything the car needs, sounds like a fair deal :roll: ) I usually have two motorcycles, however recently I swapped my Hornet 600 for a scruffy Fireblade with the intent to get the blade back on the road in Honda Respol colours However the previous owner was a lying turd and it turned out the ' sweet ' Engine wasn't sweet and was passing oil into the combustion chamber, after a chat he gave me back some money and apologised, I sold the bike on to someone who wanted a project and without any bullshit from me with a long list of problems to be sorted, if I sell something am honest I pride myself on my honesty and take a lot of offensive when someone lies to me, I would be no good as a dealer salesmen.

So it seem's I have the money in hand to buy the bike what with the fireblade sale and my 40th Birthday coming up and some money from my mutter, I will be doing all my own work, but the MOT will be done by my local shop who are bloody great, if anyone's heard of them then they will know Chadwell motorcycles, its the only shop I trust to touch any of my bikes, oh and I recommend Tony Mon 100%.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

oh and I recommend Tony Mon shirt as a rag 100%.
Fixed it.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

cybercarl wrote:
Fixed it.

:lol: I'm never going to live that one down am I
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

StormingHonda wrote:
cybercarl wrote:
Fixed it.

:lol: I'm never going to live that one down am I
do i take it you found a supposed rag, wiped your hands in it and it was Tonys shirt? if it was i did that with my wifes fleece. That cost me a packet to replace!!! still gets a reminder after 20 years!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the shirt/rag incident was soooo funny..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
just as good as mac talking to the bible brigade..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Well looks like its going to be a good buy, the actual bike is immaculate, both tyres like new only put on about 6 months ago, the rear is just over a year old, has lots of service history, been assured there's no problems being passed on.

The bikes also on a S reg, the mileage is a little more than I thought, but from what I have read and asked about, BMW's are scared of high mileages and neither are buyer so if I do sell it on if I don't like then its not bad, the mileage is 46509.

I'm going to have a last once over next week then will be buying and booking up a pick van.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Great news matey. only just run in then.