General Bike chat
lloydie

Re: Compressor advice required please

Post by lloydie »

you would be :sick: :lol: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Put skunk on it instead and then you would have a nice psychedelic storm :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:Put skunk on it instead and then you would have a nice psychedelic storm :lol: :lol:

(:-})
one guy did smoke the funny stuff late in the day , he was a welder and that masked the smell from the boss :idea: but it didnt stop me from getting the munches :Beer Popcorn:
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

Benny
I'm looking at a Hydrovane single phase unit.
Expensive but looks like the one to go for to me.
Low noise as well as no need for a tank

Any thoughts on these? As your the man in the know.

Cheers

Styler
"Only one life, so live it and ride a motorcycle"
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Mate, by the best second hand one you can, from a known respected manufacturer. Then when you sell it you'll get your money back, and it will be better than a new cheap chinese shite one. Example, I just bought a Clarke compressor petrol powered by a Honda Cx200 engine. 15cfm output. Used once £ 395. New £ 900 ish. Never gonna lose my dough on that ( although dont intend to sell it in any hurry. )
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Styler4077 wrote:Benny
I'm looking at a Hydrovane single phase unit.
Expensive but looks like the one to go for to me.
Low noise as well as no need for a tank

Any thoughts on these? As your the man in the know.

Cheers

Styler
yeh ring up compair in redditch direct theyre a lot cheaper. vanes pwn piston compressors.

im guessing it'll be a 501-502 or 504

they will happily stay on load all day and though you dont need a receiver, they work better with one, as for example a 501 is only like 5cfm output so will struggle to run a sandblaster or spraygun direct.
also, if you're spraying, dont put the compressor in the same room as it will suck overspray in and wreck the filters & cooler

they last forever if you keep on top of maintenance.
ive worked with vanes for 20+ years. just stay away fro the old 23 / 33 / 43 range cos theyre fiddler lol.

mattei do a cheaper range of vanes - its a lot of engineering for your money when you see all the intricate parts, but theyre very simple to maintain.

if you let me know how much you want to spend i can find you a good deal but you can sort your own carriage
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.