Hello from Shetland

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Kev L

Re: Hello from Shetland

Post by Kev L »

Aye, I've heard sheep don't handle well on Gravel!!! You're probably not aware, being a new member, but we try not to mention the woolly backs by name as members such as Gilson, Whoa Nelly and MJonesy get overly excited by the mere mention of their pin ups!!! :wave: :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
colinfaeshetland

Post by colinfaeshetland »

Note to self...."Promise not to mention sheep."

update...fitted the GBmoto risers today and went for a short gallop, they do sit you up a bit more and take
pressure of the base of the thumb however i think i will invest in wider diameter 32mm grips..anyone tried these?

quote.."The result is revolutionary with the softest material we have ever produced which lasts three times longer than our current soft material".
"As used by many of the top professional racers around the world."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200797833711? ... 1423.l2649

wrong color but can't find black 32mm grips.

Colin
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I'm not a happy chappy-
After booking everything up to spend 3 days scouring the countryside of the North, bloody boss phones me up at noon to say all change :thumbdown: , Waister gets to go up north and I've to head to Stone- sorry you southeners, I hate it down there- to boody flat and your beers warm- still don't get that!!
Colin, I'll have to take a rain check, but need to get more info on that planned trip of yours as sounds mint. :thumbup:
Dates are def getting put into the diary, just need to start savin :sad2
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

grumpyfrog wrote: and I've to head to Stone- sorry you southeners, I hate it down there- to boody flat and your beers warm- still don't get that!!
Where's Stone?

There's a Stone Street near me, but it's tiny- surely not that one.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
colinfaeshetland

grumpyfrog wrote: Colin, I'll have to take a rain check, but need to get more info on that planned trip of yours as sounds mint. :thumbup:
Dates are def getting put into the diary, just need to start savin :sad2
Shame your not coming up.....i got a pass out from the wife for next Tuesday but i can reclaim that later....lol

Trip next year is still in flux as far as dates are concerned..Armoy motorcycle club will release dates for 2013 in September
but my intention at the moment is to spend a couple of days at the Vic ..... http://www.vicbikerspub.co.uk/
and hopefully meet up with some Firestormers prior to trip to Ireland.
http://www.vicbikerspub.co.uk/location.htm

Just to get a feel for real road racing...the Armoy races are to be broadcast this weekend (11th & 12th August) starting on Saturday morning at 9.00am (part 1) with part 2 of the 2 hour show, to be shown at 10.00am both on the channel, Eurosport 2.

It will also be shown as two 1 hour shows on Sky Sports 3HD on Sunday 12th at 7.00am and 8.00am and repeated again in the evening at 8.00pm and 9.00pm, this time on Sky Sports 4HD.

Colin
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

"stone"-- hell hole somewhere off the M6, trapped between Birmingham and Manchester, I think- god's knows. just set sat nav and follow the blue lines..
Mental office, something like 400 folk in the office and if your lucky theres 1 bike in the car park!!! But got chattin to one lucky sod with an SP2 whos just bought a Storm to go track days on..... hes got a suportive wife I hear.

Colin- will def be looking into this, even if its just the blast down south before you head over to the racing..+ :beer: :beer:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Stone near Stafford...not a lot goes on there :thumbdown:
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Colin :thumbup:

Some nice looking roads you have there :D

Chris.
colinfaeshetland

Thanks again for the recent welcomes to the forum, finding a lot of advise and information on here.

Luvin my stormer, it's so much more fun than i expected.

Ridden inline 4s, v4's, 2stroke/4stroke twins and single cylinder 4stroke but never a vtwin.

The Firestorm for me is a wonderful feeling/sounding machine (taking her to Ireland next year instead of the V65).

Sounds and feels like a couple of G50's strapped together...brilliant...regret not accepting a ride on a Vincent all those years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

Colin
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers for the link Colin :cool2 Listening to those G50's reminded me of an old field bike I had many many years ago when I was a schoolboy. That bike was the Matchless G80. I wish I still had it now,

Chris.