GRAINSTORM....2012 Workshopday. 16th June

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

StormingHonda

Re: GRAINSTORM....2012 Workshopday. 16th June

Post by StormingHonda »

Dont know if Tony is interested, but he was talking about how to get stuck bolts out of threads, well I got the mother of all stuck bolts, its one of those cheap ones you get with rear huggers, it wouldnt uncscrew so I have tried knocking it round, making X shape to try and get the damn thing out.

I can either try and get it out myself of let Tony try to do it on the day, it may need drilling and retaping. All of which I can do myself, but Tony was talking about making a video of something like this.

Why do people use the cheap frigging bolts you get with these huggers :crazy:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, I can have a go on the day if you like.
I find that generally with huggers there's enough meat on the bracket to just drill the bolt out and use either an oversize or a bolt with a slimline nut behind.
One tip: Tap washers make good rubber mounts for huggers, don't look too bad either.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
playerone

Post by playerone »

I'm tempted to come over for this, got a set of mcct's to fit and not too keen on wrecking the engine :oops: already been to tony's workshop day but as I wasn't having them fitted at the time and it seems like an age ago, I've forgotten what I did pick on...yeah it is an age thing :lol: :lol:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

tony.mon wrote:Yes, I can have a go on the day if you like.
I find that generally with huggers there's enough meat on the bracket to just drill the bolt out and use either an oversize or a bolt with a slimline nut behind.
One tip: Tap washers make good rubber mounts for huggers, don't look too bad either.
My mate done it with a dremel and screwdriver, he wouldnt leave it alone.

I told him I could do it but was saving it for grainstorm, but he HAD to get it out.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Where's Mac, haven't seen him around here in a while, hope he's allright.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

:wave:

All Ok thanks, nothing to report, all quiet on the Grain front, neighbours have been warned, have got some new mugs, still need a few more can't find any red ones.

Oh & the new bridge is open, no more poxy traffic lights.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Argh glad your OK. I have missed the Mac vs Kev pisstaking. :lol: :lol:

While I have got you here! Do you have the means for me being able to fit a 6mm spacer on my rear suspension?

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Argh glad your OK. I have missed the Mac vs Kev pisstaking. :lol: :lol:

While I have got you here! Do you have the means for me being able to fit a 6mm spacer on my rear suspension?

Kev who? & yes I do.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
marty b

Post by marty b »

hi mac have you room for another one , could do with someone to show me how to sort out my carbs , would be nice to put some faces to all these names i keep coming across .....cheers martin
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Now I'm rolling, I might be up for this (need to get pink slip from missus though!).

I don't think I'm up for anything to be done. I could do with CCTs, but I don't have any to put on, so unless someone has some for sale I'm willing to sit about and generally take the piss.

Although I could take pictures too.
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

Whereabouts in Essex are you slappa? could meet up and ride down, I think there might be a couple of us going from this area..
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

tankslappa wrote:Now I'm rolling, I might be up for this (need to get pink slip from missus though!).
I thought your name was down already mate. :confused It will be a good day out, well worth it. Generally take the piss sounds good :biggrin

CCT's if you feel unsure doing them yourself, you should make the most of the opportunity. :thumbup:

Now I don't have to explain or direct you anywhere do I. You have been around here long enough to know better. :wink:

Oh here you go then.

You can either go for the stop mod View Topic http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=19416 Which is the Honda auto CCT's that are converted to a fail safe. So when it does fail, it don't send the valves crashing.
Or
You go for the full manual conversion, your options are here http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 16&t=22720

Then with regards to fitting View Topic http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8326

tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Jonesey wrote:Whereabouts in Essex are you slappa? could meet up and ride down, I think there might be a couple of us going from this area..
I'm down near Brentwood, so no matter which route you take, you'll come pretty close to me! M25 J28 (A12) or M25 J29 (A127) are both near me. If not then the petrol station at M25 J30 (A13).
cybercarl wrote:
tankslappa wrote:Now I'm rolling, I might be up for this (need to get pink slip from missus though!).
I thought your name was down already mate. :confused It will be a good day out, well worth it. Generally take the piss sounds good :biggrin

CCT's if you feel unsure doing them yourself, you should make the most of the opportunity. :thumbup:
Oh don't worry Carl, I know why I should do them, and I could fit them (two bolts each!), but I don't know how to set them up, and I don't have any to fit! I don't mind going fail safe or manual. Only question is how can I tell if the fail safe have failed safe??
Does anyone have manuals for sale? No I don't want anodised red ones!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

who wants cct's from me so I know I can bring enough
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

bazza696 wrote:who wants cct's from me so I know I can bring enough
Yay! That's service for you!

What type are they Bazza, and how much are they?