yellow storm 2up@Rivington

Spotted another fellow Stormer? See if it was anyone on here!
seb421

Re: yellow storm 2up@Rivington

Post by seb421 »

benny hedges wrote:
seb421 wrote: If I go for a blast / ride out on a weekend its usually early before the mainstream and police are out
rivi is easily THE worst road in the uk for a blast. especially the top roads.
way too many potholes, too much mud & horse sh1t & boy racers in uber saxos & scoobys thinking theyre pro rally drivers & quite confident that nothing will ever be coming the other way...

& £1.50 for a cup of melted plastic. :thumbdown:

add to that the fact that it takes over an hour for the ambulance to get there.... :roll:
Didn't mean a blast round rivi bud, just if i do go out on a weekend on a run out anywhere i go early, early.

Saying that i do like the two jumps not for from where you had the misfortune with that crater/hole on the way to the blue lagoon (Belmont) from Rivington cant resist giving it the beans over the first and it lofting
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
TheDon

Post by TheDon »

ChrisC wrote:Hey Don,I'm not a member of SLAM but thought about it ,i know they meet at the Hartwood any idea what night and how much for the course
regards chris
Hi Chris. They Meet the first Thursday of each month at the Hartwood Chorley. they have a website "slambikers.co.uk" and organise all sorts of events from weekends away to Sunday rides etc.. The course costs £139 which includes the IAM membership for a year, all tuition fees and the test fee. I am told there is a 97% pass rate and I think you get £30 back once completed as part of a Government? initiative.

I promised the missus I would have some proper training as I spilled the Storm up near Levens in June and had 8 weeks off work with a broken thumb.

Hope you find this of use?
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hi TheDon, Thanks for the info,i'm going to wait until the weather gets a bit more pleasant before signing up...Feb..March..ish but i might call in on the next
meeting just to "sus it out " and have a chat to some of the fellas there.If you're going in January,give us the nod, and i'll definately go :thumbup:
All the Best to you and yours at Christmas. Chris
karenvtr

Post by karenvtr »

Saying that i do like the two jumps not for from where you had the misfortune with that crater/hole on the way to the blue lagoon (Belmont) from Rivington cant resist giving it the beans over the first and it lofting[/quote]

yep theres defo a few decent crests for wheelies :D