off the clock!

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

Re: off the clock!

Post by benny hedges »

sepia wrote:
didnt the chief of police in north wales who was the worst for doing speeders get caught for speeding himself,ironic.

steve.
i think he's gone now m8, the new guy rides a gsxr750, does track days etc :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That was the old Chief Constable, Richard Brunstrom (I think thats how it's spelt!). He was famously anti bike and very anti speed. His main claim to fame was authorising the use of photographs of a decapitated biker, without the authority of the family, to publicise the effects of excess speed on motorcycles. I don't recall him getting busted for speed, to my recolection that was the Chief Constable (with a very Welsh name) in charge of the countries road safety. He allegedly resigned from the position but it later came to light he had moved sideways and was still running the unit from the wings. An example of "Don't do what we do, do what we say". :D
I haven't ridden in Wales recently, but the new Chief has a more relaxed attitude and has told MCN bikes are welcome, however there have been a few articles recently showing unmarked bikes and cars running speed checks.
It may be that old habits die hard for the Plod on the street, and when you need figures and there are no robbers or burglars then speeders are plentiful and financially rewarding. Or is that me being cynical again :eh:

Anyone watch MotoGP last night. Nicky Hayden riding with a flaping left slider on a left handed course, gradually wearing through his leathers. Top man. Quite a good race all in, but still think Moto 2 offers the better spectacle (missed it last night so just waiting for the repeat. DON'T MENTION THE RESULT) :evil:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

benny hedges wrote: self respecting plod
It's the only respect they ever get......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.