rattle rattle

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sepia

Re: rattle rattle

Post by sepia »

cant wait now.

sprocket & new chrome k&n oil filter,should fly,lol.

btw will be changing oil now have nice new chrome oil filter,whats my best oil to use.

cheers steve.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

any decent 15/40 semi synthetic bud, but not car sh1t with antifriction additives otherwise your clutch wont work lol

manual says 10w/40 but mine rattled like a rattle with it whereas it's fine on 15w :confused
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sepia

Post by sepia »

thanks benny.

i have a wee rattle also.so will give the 15w ago & let you know how i get on.

steve.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Only thing I'd add to the list of rattly things is the possibility that someone's read about the slight power gain to be had from removing the second (sprung) gear on the primary drive sprocket.

If not properly fitted that can lead to a bit of a rattle from that area too.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

you could try tightening up the shiny power bolt between the clocks , or taking it out & oiling it - that's responsible for most unexplained noises.

if it won't budge you have the restricted model.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
matinik46

Post by matinik46 »

got my manual cct`s today from rider on a storm,fitted them as per guide on here.
and so far so good!
no nasty noises anymore!!!
now all i need is some fruity exhausts!!
I did find a bit of hidden crash damage though, the exhaust has been squashed on the underside.
need to find some used headers cheep if possible!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

matinik46 wrote: I did find a bit of hidden crash damage though, the exhaust has been squashed on the underside.
need to find some used headers cheep if possible!
is that the left one, just under the swing arm?
the are supposed to have a dent in to avoid the chain
matinik46

Post by matinik46 »

it is the left one but its definatly not supposed to be there. its where it goes under the engine.
its well crumpled/squashed.must be affecting performance,i thought there was a flat spot or two.