Slipper Clutch?

General Bike chat
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well,
I was starting on the simple stuff first.As you get a little more practiced you can break ,slightly increase the throttle and bang it down through the box all at the same time. The only time you have to watch out is if you drop it into first a bit too quick. Then you can be smoking front and rear together :lol:

Pete.l

reminds me of an old song I used to Know.

Slip.slide and awaaay.
W@zzA

Sliper clutch

Post by W@zzA »

Thats the one :!: It's not so bad for Del as he's got taller 1st and 2nd gear ratios in his bike :!: I found a company in the States but its $900+ for a complet close ratio gearset :roll: But just the 1st and second would be good 8)

Warren
If it aint got the throb it don't do the job! PB.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

W@zza mate, I know what your saying but I was talking about from 5th to 4th just approaching a bend at 100mph with me ring pulsating trying not to do a big stoppie fill me leathers

Del. :oops:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

$900+ 8O
I think I'll just have to put up with Changing me undies.
I can afford quite a few stains at that price :oops:

Pete.l
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Or you could adopt the "Iggy's big girls blouse riding technique" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
W@zzA

slipper clutch

Post by W@zzA »

Del let us know knext time you take the beast to Brands I wanna watch :!: Do you remember the guy on the bike in Cannonball Run 8O 8O 8O

Warren
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

If I go again i'll be renting an R6 cos me VTR is at a shop being sold I hope.

Del.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

why would you want to watch me mate a complete tw@ of meself nearly fallin off, arhh I see your point

Del.
W@zzA

slipper clutch

Post by W@zzA »

Was gonna take the video camera somthing to show the kids an all :!:

Why would the man of all things VTR be selling the his VTR :?: :?:
SILVTR

Post by SILVTR »

Paul - I'm 36, and riding since 1991 and I've had an AR125, CM125, Shadow 500, GSX750ET, FJ1200, and now a VTR. I'v also had long rides on mate's bikes - V-Max, Bandit 600 & 1200, ZZR600, VFR750 and a 1200 Harley - I'm sure most people who can afford to buy/insure something like a firestorm also have plenty of experience. But the genuinely sporty big-bore V-twin sportsbike, with its locking-rear-wheel-on-downshift characteristic is a reasonably new invention, at least for Joe Regular who couldn't afford 916/996 etc. With all the experience in the world, you still have to get used to a new bike, specially if it's as different as the VTR is from in-line fours. Like Simon t said - you get used to it and learn it, and like yourself, I'm still learning - hopefully always will be. I'v done about 450 miles on my VTR since I got it a week and a half ago, and I'm pleased with how my downshifts have improved in that time. A lot of the back roads I commute on in north county Dublin are virtually pot-holed mud-slicks with new housing developments & farming everywhere, and thankfully I've only had 2 incidents in my first couple of days - I understand and respect the effects of sloppy downshifting as well as the effects of hamfisted throttle-opening, or panic-front-brake-grabbing. Hope I haven't jinxed myself now...
94 Corolla and a big goo for an R1150GS
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

delmeekc wrote:why would you want to watch me mate a complete tw@ of meself nearly fallin off, arhh I see your point

Del.
Let me know when you're going wont you.......... :lol: :wink:
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Cheers Ian,

SILVTR, did you say 450 miles, you virgin, just think of all the fun to come espes. d summer. :P

gowd I think I had :( probably done about 200k or even 300k on VTR's since 1997 when I purchased me first one.

I think that tee people are talking about yes general characteristics (bet I got that word rong) when down shifting as opposed to butt out leave it to the last minute, ooops that blow it riding. Push the VTR really hard and it'll bite right back going down the box especially with the hydraulic clutch.

Del.
RAINMAKER

silvtr

Post by RAINMAKER »

SLVTR, guess I should'nt jump to conclusions.......hope you like the VTR, I find it more fun than any other bike I've had.
BY THE WAY I JUST LOCKED REAR WHEEL ON DOWNSHIFT, GOT IT WRONG AND FISHTAILED A BIT. FEEL A TWIT NOW!
PAUL.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Paul,

If you were anywhere near Cottingham last night you would have seen a yellow VTR going completely sideways 8O 8O 8O 8O leathers now at dry cleaners!!!!!!

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
RAINMAKER

poo

Post by RAINMAKER »

Know exactly what you mean.........theres no feeling quite so scary as not knowing if yor gonna make it or not.