what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

glad to see my misfortune helped you solve your problem..........don't think I have heard my fan cut in since that London run, don't think I have been that slow since then
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

agentpineapple wrote:
Ckennedy wrote:Go you marty :thumbup: Mr master tech over there ;) glad you've sussed it mate
i'm about to remove the ckstagweekender stickers from my screen, they've been on there long enough..... :lol:
i'll find out tomorrow if there's any coolant leaking.... :cry:
Mine only came off cause I changed the fairings. You have no excuse :lol:
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

Ckennedy wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:
Ckennedy wrote:Go you marty :thumbup: Mr master tech over there ;) glad you've sussed it mate
i'm about to remove the ckstagweekender stickers from my screen, they've been on there long enough..... :lol:
i'll find out tomorrow if there's any coolant leaking.... :cry:
Mine only came off cause I changed the fairings. You have no excuse :lol:
I only use my old screen, erm your old screen for doing motorway miles, much better wind protection, hence it hasn't been on since devon... :lol:
oh and your safe this weekend, there's no tassels..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Put the blue storm back to standard, just got to give it a polish then it's up for sale :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Duffy1964 wrote:Put the blue storm back to standard, just got to give it a polish then it's up for sale :thumbup:
what are you going to ask for it duffers?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Well I had a look on ebay and there are quite a few over £2600

As mine is lower mileage only 13k on the clock and more original than the other examples I thought I would put it up for £2750 and accept £2500 as there ar not many in the condition of mine and it is in the best colour :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Duffy1964 wrote:Well I had a look on ebay and there are quite a few over £2600

As mine is lower mileage only 13k on the clock and more original than the other examples I thought I would put it up for £2750 and accept £2500 as there ar not many in the condition of mine and it is in the best colour :thumbup:
Best colour... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll give you a monkey for it I'm looking for a new breaker upper... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Fair price Duffy :thumbup:

Mac I didn't realise that lloyd was up for trade :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

Poured loads of Phosphoric acid in my tank today, mixed with a bit of water, well actually the other way round, water before acid or look out 8O .. made some bungs out of cork and siliconed them into the tap and filler holes yesterday, used a spare fuel sender plate with the sender de soldered so I could pour in the mix, had a bout 6 hours total being turned in all positions during that time, then rinsed with a hose pipe, drained then hairdryered. still a tiny bit of water that should evaporate over night...
The results look really good, it was mostly surface rust and that appears to be all gone and looks like new, further in there was a bit heavier rust, it difficult to get a torch in and see but looks like it's mostly gone and turned dark. The Phosphoric acid leaves a fine coating to protect from flash or further rusting, but won't stop it if the conditions aren't good, if you keep fuel in the tank and store the bike properly the rust shouldn't be a problem any more.
The Acid I bought was 5 litres of 81% pure, I added 4 litres of water then all the acid, later on I added a bit more water just to cover certain area's...

Need to get the rest done now, just waiting on some paint for the fork lowers (which should have been here now) then I have everything in place, a days work will see it on the road, was hoping for Bank holiday Monday but think I'll wait til start of the month to tax it.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Got a lower fairing cheap off ebay
First fit, went well, few tweaks here and there

ImageImage

Only trouble I found was the foot lever bit on the side stand aint quite long enough,
I will need to extend it a bit

:D :?
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

kev64 wrote:Got a lower fairing cheap off ebay
First fit, went well, few tweaks here and there

ImageImage

Only trouble I found was the foot lever bit on the side stand aint quite long enough,
I will need to extend it a bit

:D :?
I had the same trouble and stuck my foot out to put the side stand down but caught the belly pan and cracked it :thumbdown:
Duffy1964
kev64

Post by kev64 »

I best get a mod done quickly then
:D
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Set my TPS, it was only 200 ohm's :redface

I got it to 500 ohm's, but had to file the holes a lot to get it to read correctly.

Tried another TPS to see if it was knackered as it was so far out but both read the same.

After pulling my hair out & realising I had to use the bottom two wires to get the 500 ohm reading (Haynes), not the top two as in Carl's Cyborglinks says :confused

Anyone else had this problem? Or is it just me?
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Pretty sure its the top two, I rechecked mine last week
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

kev64 wrote:Pretty sure its the top two, I rechecked mine last week
That's what I thought Kev, but It's way too far off & the Haynes definitely states the lower two wires.

If anybody could shine some light on this would be great :thumbup: