what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Ckennedy

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Ckennedy »

His bird is boring, heavy, big and black. What more can I say? I admit for touring it would be ideal but it's nothing compared to my rsv. The power on the bird is linear and uneventful. You open the throttle on the rsv and it smacks you in the butt and your holding on for dear life from start to finish. There completely different but it was interesting riding a big il4 and as lloyd said it's my first go on one.

What would I pick? My rsv all day long hehe!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Had a blast after doing the Can angle. Met a guy on a 2004 Z1000. Left him for dead in the twistie bits. I do know the roads round here though.

Bikes going a treat
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Btt them pipes will keep your elbow warm :-) .
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

I finally got out today. I rolled the VTR out and took a blast around the country side. The day was windy but otherwise gorgeous. I was riding late in the day because we had another bout of rain in the morning. The sun was shining through the clouds, all gold, the shadows were long and the wind cool. It was perfect. The VTR is a rattley mess at idle. (I am thinking it sounds like an old DC3 on a cold start.) I have a hard time listening to its noisy cadence. I also have a harder time trusting it but when I put my helmet on and head out, Oh boy what a difference.

Because of my brush with the law on my last outing I tried to take it very easy and ride in the manner of a Harley dude. It didn’t work. It just wants to run. I found myself motoring through a rather scenic hilly part of my neighborhood. I was loping along at 4 grand running around 75mph (indicated) and I felt a bit like T.E. Laurence on his Brough Superior or at least I imagined it was that feel of effortless power that drew him to the big twins of his day.

It is a hard bike to ride slow and a hard bike not to stuff into corners. It goes around corners like it is on rails and no matter how fast I enter the turn I am always left with the feeling that I could have done it much faster. I love the sound. Those Big Mouthed Two Brothers exhaust cans sure let the loud out in a glorious way. That along makes you want to grab handfuls of throttle just to hear them sing, which I did on numerous occasions. I could ride this bike all day except for the peanut tank. As my old boss would have said "It will pass everything but a gas station."
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:Send the crap!!! higher angle cans. Look at those rear Hangers :lol:
why have hi level hangers and upswept pipes?
of course they will look funny...... :lol:
silly boy pike!
I haven't got time to make any upswept brackets yet sorry. They fit, i can ride it, thats good enough for now. :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

bloody hell , you don't come on here for a couple of days and its all change. !!

Lloyds got a juggernaut, Kermit lives in Norfolk and jims gone misty-eyed about riding the storm ( expected).

Today I am spinning my bobbins and checking that my MoT has not expired :eek2 .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
popkat

Post by popkat »

bigtwinthing wrote:Send the crap!!! higher angle cans. Look at those rear Hangers :lol:
I think when you make some proper hangers for it they would look better a bit lower, more like SP angle fits in nicely with the storm tail piece angle ;)
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

I like that. Would like to do it with my RS-3s but got no idea where to get link pipes.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Fitted later indicators,
Fitted a 6mm shock spacer.
Lifted and turned the clipons in 10mm.
Fitted my viper cans ,
Handles much better with the weight loss and the spacer .
Tho the spacer has made the centre stand redundant so I'll remove that later (more weight saving :-)
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Fitted later indicators,
Fitted a 6mm shock spacer.
Lifted and turned the clipons in 10mm.
Fitted my viper cans ,
Handles much better with the weight loss and the spacer .
Tho the spacer has made the centre stand redundant so I'll remove that later (more weight saving :-)
sounds like this new bike has given you your mojo back lloydie...... :thumbup:
I've tinkered this morning, fitted a resprayed seat cowl, also refitted the rad grills and foot peg rubbers, slowly getting there, this afternoon I need to investigate the coolant leak on the pineapple express, I also need to fit a givi rack again.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Mojo is back and I'm enjoying it too .

What happened to the bike Marty ?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Mojo is back and I'm enjoying it too .

What happened to the bike Marty ?
a previous owner decided to paint on purple numberboards..... :eek2
along with loads of other purple shite, it's almost cone thank god... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sorry I meant what happened to the BLUE bike ?
darkember

Post by darkember »

Big_Jim59 wrote:I finally got out today. I rolled the VTR out and took a blast around the country side. The day was windy but otherwise gorgeous. I was riding late in the day because we had another bout of rain in the morning. The sun was shining through the clouds, all gold, the shadows were long and the wind cool. It was perfect. The VTR is a rattley mess at idle. (I am thinking it sounds like an old DC3 on a cold start.) I have a hard time listening to its noisy cadence. I also have a harder time trusting it but when I put my helmet on and head out, Oh boy what a difference.

Because of my brush with the law on my last outing I tried to take it very easy and ride in the manner of a Harley dude. It didn’t work. It just wants to run. I found myself motoring through a rather scenic hilly part of my neighborhood. I was loping along at 4 grand running around 75mph (indicated) and I felt a bit like T.E. Laurence on his Brough Superior or at least I imagined it was that feel of effortless power that drew him to the big twins of his day.

It is a hard bike to ride slow and a hard bike not to stuff into corners. It goes around corners like it is on rails and no matter how fast I enter the turn I am always left with the feeling that I could have done it much faster. I love the sound. Those Big Mouthed Two Brothers exhaust cans sure let the loud out in a glorious way. That along makes you want to grab handfuls of throttle just to hear them sing, which I did on numerous occasions. I could ride this bike all day except for the peanut tank. As my old boss would have said "It will pass everything but a gas station."
LOL I know what you mean by the sound. My friendly mot tested commented. " How can you put baffles in these you only ruin the symphony :lol: :lol: " It passed with flying colours.....
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Sorry I meant what happened to the BLUE bike ?
nothing as yet dude
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!