Op Storm Wales 11-13 Sept 2015

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: Op Storm Wales 11-13 Sept 2015

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:Looks like I won't be coming now .
The other half started a new job and will be working the Saturday so now I've got the little git to look after.
you looking after CK or Virt?
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I don't think I will be coming now for 3 reasons :(

Cadwell was a wash-out today. Never stopped raining, never got out on track, they kept sending the safety car out, and eventually called it off at lunch time. Credit to No Limits, seems we get a credit for another track day. Problem is, I only have 1 day's holiday left, so I think I am going to book Cadwell again on Tues 15th Sept, as I really want to do it this year.

Also I have 2 pair of wheels, but neither have tyres suitable (or legal) for the road. I do have spare PR3s but it's going to cost £30 to get them swapped onto a pair of wheels, then £30 to get my track tyres put back on.

Lastly, my brother's bike is Sorn and he isn't coming, and Flatty isn't coming, meaning I have no tent.

Sorry guys. I will 100% be back to usual and at every meet next year when I get my full holiday allowance back (seeing as how I am now missing out on every meet this year).
budd

Post by budd »

what's going on everyone is bailing out on this ???, now I'm not sure, I've a pass from the missus so should I come down to wales or take my bit on the side away for the weekend ???
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:
lloydie wrote:Looks like I won't be coming now .
The other half started a new job and will be working the Saturday so now I've got the little git to look after.
you looking after CK or Virt?
Both lol ,
One year I will make this promise,
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bunch of fecking lightweights :lol:

Ziggy, we will forget what you look like if you don't pull your finger out :biggrin

Budd, bring the mistress to Wales, she will love sleeping in a van and being left on her own all day
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

good news we have confirmed a new run leader for the relaxed route, so we will be able to offer relaxed and progressive options as we have done in previous years.

Relaxed / progressive is not all about slower / faster, it is also about the distance and stopping for a nice lunch vs eating at the petrol station.

so if you want to cover the ground at a progressive pace, pack in a lot of riding as a priority, then its Progressive.

if you want to savour the scenery, have tea and cakes and a nice lunch and be able to walk without butt pain from a day in the saddle, then its Relaxed
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:Ziggy, we will forget what you look like if you don't pull your finger out :biggrin

Yeah this year's been a real pain in the butt. Had to waste so many days off work with weddings and stag dos, I haven't had enough to do as many track days as I want.

So far this year, I have managed about 20 miles on the road on my bike. :oops:
budd

Post by budd »

AMCQ46 wrote:Bunch of fecking lightweights :lol:

Ziggy, we will forget what you look like if you don't pull your finger out :biggrin

Budd, bring the mistress to Wales, she will love sleeping in a van and being left on her own all day
believe me she doesn't do tents and there aren't enough shops to entertain her during the day, do not fear though I'll be there and not with a 'plus one' :thumbup:
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMCQ46 - yes
MacV2 - yes
Budd - yes
cheekykev - yes
Grumpy frog - yes
AdyF - yes
Darkember - yes
Steve97- yes [B&B] and leading the relaxed group
Steve97 Jnr - yes
Kev64 - yes [B&B]
Tony.Mon-yes
player one - if his butt is not sore !!!!!

Virt?
Uk13iker?

roll up, roll up, the weather will be great, so are the roads
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''roll up, roll up, the weather will be great, so are the roads...''

You on the ponce for me roll ups again Al ? :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

I will be there, leaving on the Thursday/Friday (not sure yet) and heading back Sunday morning :thumbup: Not sure about accomodation though, still. I think I have my old tent lying around somewhere, I'll keep you informed :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Virt wrote:I will be there, leaving on the Thursday/Friday (not sure yet) and heading back Sunday morning :thumbup: Not sure about accomodation though, still. I think I have my old tent lying around somewhere, I'll keep you informed :thumbup:
nice one, I am trying to get Friday off, so might be an option to ride across together :twisted:
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:
nice one, I am trying to get Friday off, so might be an option to ride across together :twisted:
That would be good :thumbup: Not really rode the bike aggressively with panniers so far.. Well, not as aggressively as I will be following you at least.. Will be nice to see how the bike really handles :twisted:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
darkember

Post by darkember »

Adyf Your are still coming you have my floor space?? :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Virt wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:
That would be good :thumbup: Not really rode the bike aggressively with panniers so far.. Well, not as aggressively as I will be following you at least.. Will be nice to see how the bike really handles :twisted:

ok will set some plans closer to the day when I know if work will interrupt play time
AMcQ