what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

AP valeting services limited, we do a fantastic job, only for the customer to ride off without paying.... :roll:
fairing buddies.....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Service and the Man Cave

Engine Oil and Filter
Replaced all fluid in brakes and clutch
Charged Battery
Had a beer :)
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
Watty

Post by Watty »

cybercarl wrote:Paid a visit to AP's valeting service and raided the stores. :lol: Washed and polished it and replaced a couple of nuts and bolts that where missing/lost/worked loose and lost :roll: Why is always the 10mm nuts that go walk about, well....apart from the front sprocket bolt that I discovered missing the other day after getting home from down south. To think I was doing silly speeds possibly without it a few minutes earlier :eek2 The funny thing is I did feel a little bump like I had run over something on the way home. I wonder if that was the bolt falling out, but that was back in E-Sussex :problem: :eek2 Anyway that's fixed now good and proper!

What else have I done to my bike today. AP fitted a Blue sidelight bulb. Not sure yet if I like having it. I was a little bit para on the way home and clocked the copper outside parliament giving me the eyeball when passing. It was dark when coming home though so looks blatenly Blue. Then later I clocked plod along the embankment on the other side of the road suddenly turn the Blues on. They most likely got a shout but I thought I would get a shifty on anyway in case they turned around. I'm thinking I will have to go back to a white bulb, don't need any more reasons/excuses for a tug. :think:

(:-})
Carl, I thought it was impossible for the sprocket bolt to come fully out as there is the thick rubber pad on the inside of the sprocket cover only a few mm from the bolt head! Also would have thought the direction of rotation would keep it in place as the head comes in contact with the pad :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Picked up mk2 revamped oil lines & some cam covers I had cleaned up ready for a bit of paint...

:thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Carl, I thought it was impossible for the sprocket bolt to come fully out as there is the thick rubber pad on the inside of the sprocket cover only a few mm from the bolt head! Also would have thought the direction of rotation would keep it in place as the head comes in contact with the pad :?
It's never happened to me before but it not impossible otherwise I would still have the bolt. It's my own fault as I remember not fully torquing the bolt, I used loads of threadlock but as I was tightening it down It did not feel right. You know that feeling that a bolt is going to snap or thread itself. There was a look of shock horror on my face when I found it missing.

It has made me think about some kind of safety mechanism on the bolt which surprisingly these don't have. Maybe a washer that slides over the spline before inserting the bolt with a tab that can be bent over onto one of the sides of the bolt head. :think:

==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:
It's never happened to me before but it not impossible otherwise I would still have the bolt. It's my own fault as I remember not fully torquing the bolt, I used loads of threadlock but as I was tightening it down It did not feel right. You know that feeling that a bolt is going to snap or thread itself. There was a look of shock horror on my face when I found it missing.

It has made me think about some kind of safety mechanism on the bolt which surprisingly these don't have. Maybe a washer that slides over the spline before inserting the bolt with a tab that can be bent over onto one of the sides of the bolt head. :think:

Lockwire...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

or maybe just torqueing it up to the correct figure...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

agentpineapple wrote:or maybe just torqueing it up to the correct figure...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mechanical hints and tips!,.... really :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Maidstone Motoliner have trued up and painted the 6 - spoke front wheel. sister in law should bring it back Friday evening and then I can get it to the tyre fitter on Saturday and the bike will be ready for Scotland for the next weekend.

£72 as I managed to avoid all postage cost, not too bad compared to a new wheel
AMcQ
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:Picked up mk2 revamped oil lines & some cam covers I had cleaned up ready for a bit of paint...

:thumbup:
e

very nice!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:Maidstone Motoliner have trued up and painted the 6 - spoke front wheel. sister in law should bring it back Friday evening and then I can get it to the tyre fitter on Saturday and the bike will be ready for Scotland for the next weekend.

That's a good service :thumbup:
I've got my 07 blade wheels to send off to them :-) let us know what's it's like when you get it back
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

AMCQ46 wrote:Maidstone Motoliner have trued up and painted the 6 - spoke front wheel. sister in law should bring it back Friday evening and then I can get it to the tyre fitter on Saturday and the bike will be ready for Scotland for the next weekend.

That's good news Al :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well not strictly ''done to my bike...'' but today I finally got round to seeing to the MacCave...

Several hours later...

It will need a 2nd coat but that will have to wait till I get more paint & me wrist recovers...
Then It needs the sofits fitting...It's only taken me two years + to get round to doing this so don't expect an update ant time soon... :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:or maybe just torqueing it up to the correct figure...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mechanical hints and tips!,.... really :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

MacV2 wrote:Well not strictly ''done to my bike...'' but today I finally got round to seeing to the MacCave...

Several hours later...

It will need a 2nd coat but that will have to wait till I get more paint & me wrist recovers...
Then It needs the sofits fitting...It's only taken me two years + to get round to doing this so don't expect an update ant time soon... :lol:
Transformed Mac :thumbup: and! Hello wheelie bins :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!