How much is an Akrapovic system worth? now with PHOTO

General Bike chat
Ratty

How much is an Akrapovic system worth? now with PHOTO

Post by Ratty »

With my storm now pretty much finished I'm selling off all the bits I don't need, plastics, cans ,lights, seat, spare frame with V5, clocks etc etc as well as all my other bikes and stuff (will post a link to ebay once it's all listed)

Anyway what I thought to be a collection of random exhaust bits has turned out to be a full Akrapovic system. It's all there except the springs (which you can get cheap on Ebay) and endcans although I have a couple of REMUS CANS which were on the bike when I got it which might be worth selling with it?

Should i fit it or sell it? and what sort of price should I be asking for it? and should I sell it with or without the REMUS cans?

Regards

Ratty

EDIT: Turns out that they are REMUS cans not microns. (shows how much notice I take of these things :P)
Last edited by Ratty on Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

is it high or low level mate?, if your selling might be interested :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Personally I would sell it. Dont get me wrong they are THE best IMO when it comes to exhausts but the power gains would be minimal on the Storm and they fetch a princely sum (usually) on fleabay. You obviously did not want the look so get rid.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

marravtr wrote:is it high or low level mate?, if your selling might be interested :wink:
Dunno Photo coming....as soon as it uploads :/
fishface

Post by fishface »

id say thats mid level
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yep, they are not high level will bring the cans std or just above std height.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Beamish wrote:Yep, they are not high level will bring the cans std or just above std height.
Is it still sellable though?
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yep still saleable but I thought you meant system with Akra cans. Wont fetch as much with the Remus cans but worth a punt anyway.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I'd be interested if I had a bike to put it on :cry:

Still waiting for that lottery win 8O
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Ratty wrote:
marravtr wrote:is it high or low level mate?, if your selling might be interested :wink:
Dunno Photo coming....as soon as it uploads :/
i'll give it a miss mate ta, got high level remus on the bike at the mo :wink: good luck on the sale tho
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
gilson

Post by gilson »

They are worth the amount of money someone is prepared to pay. In this case 121GBP (tubes only). I'm happy with that...

I bought them... lovely for my track bike:D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hey Gilson.
just to satisfy my curiosity, once you fit them let us know whether there is still more gas pressure out of the right-hand one than the left?

'Cause the standard set-up has what looks to be a deliberate bit of pipe left poking into the join where the two exhaust link pipes seperate

- and I think it might be to equalize gas pressures because the left-hand one faces back into the gas path and the right-hand one is in line with it. So the gas would prefer to flow through the right hand side.

If I'm right, it might mean there IS something to the mod suggested on this forum about cleaning up the interior of the pipes at this point.

Only a dyno would really tell- and I haven't seen or herad about anyone testing it that way.

Anyway, a bit of feedback might be useful?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote:
If I'm right, it might mean there IS something to the mod suggested on this forum about cleaning up the interior of the pipes at this point.
Iirc didn't we on this forum discovered (from one member at least) that although 15 or so members recommended the above mod on the OZ site, we didn't agree, it was best left standard, also I have a feeling our VTR guru Roger at Revolution backed this up.

Chris.
gilson

Post by gilson »

Interesting, never heard of it though.

When I fit them, (not for a while though, no free weekends with all this rugby!), I will probably dyno it as I think it will mess up the fuelling slightly. Anyway, would be money well spent to get it running perfectly for the new season. Can't have my mates R6 over taking me!
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

I'd seen that 'untidiness' and merely suspected it was to slow gasses from the rear pot or out to the RH exhaust so the pressures were equalised or something similar.