lower fairing

General Bike chat
doggit

Post by doggit »

cheers beamish, will post piccy's when i get and fit
carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I have a PowerBronze one that was in red but now is sprayed the same colour as the engine casing (that sort of metallic grey).
Have had it about five months and haven't got around to fitting it yet. Dreadful eh?
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
doggit

Post by doggit »

well finaly got my lowers delivered and fitted them, not too bad for my first attempt, now thinking of puttin some storm decals on but still not 100% sure yet

carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
mwad

Post by mwad »

Looks good
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Carl, it's looking good :!: 8)

Chris.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

It looks a good fit mate ,well done
If your leavin it black it might look best with a decal or two :!:
Stevie
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

doggit what happened to your rear mud guard its missing.
doggit

Post by doggit »

the bike has neva had a rear hugger, it has a square piece of plastic/rubber just in front of the rear spring, this stops all the road crap from being flung onto the spring, and i kinda like the naked rear wheel look
carl
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

Moriwaki one on mine too, best looking imo 8)

marravtr

Post by marravtr »

pyramid on mine, think it fill the gap nicely :wink:

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Nice one Carl, I reckon a couple of white decals may set it off nicely.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Seven Of Nine Firestorm wrote:doggit what happened to your rear mud guard its missing.
Did you mean the hugger or lack of it? or the rear mudguard - It looks like it has had the fugly rear mud guard chopped back just enough to enable a reg plate to be fitted.

IMHO one of the best mods you can do - lots seem to have it done as the original un-altered looks crap.
Last edited by RedStormV on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doggit

Post by doggit »

redstormv, i did chop off some of the rear guard, as i fitted a 7x5 " number plate, and i agree it looks so much better than that huge black plastic thing hanging down, and i dont like rear huggers so gona the rear wheel naked, and next mod for me is the rear sprocket switch, :wink: :wink: cannot wait to see the improvement in acceleration
carl
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Aye Carl,

As with a lot of bikes, the rear mudguard is a bit on the large and fugly side, spoiling the looks of the bike from the rear.

Strangely it would seem manufacturers are getting the picture and in recent years have made them much more slimline and dare I say racier looking :wink:

Huggers hmmmm... love 'em or hate 'em, they do fulfill a purpose, especially on the Storm. That pile o' sh1te lump of plastic fitted as standard may as well not be there for all the protection it gives the shock.

For that reason alone, I'd fit a hugger whether I liked 'em or not. You could always cut it down a bit to reduce it's covering of the wheel, while still retaining protection for the shock.

Suppose the other option would be to fit one o' them sock / durex shock protector affairs. Someone on here's got one, can't remember who, might be Warbs, but I've seen one somewhere. They're a bit like a baggy gator from a crosser or trials iron.
I also don't know where you'd get one, let alone what their proper name is.
doggit

Post by doggit »

well i have neva had any real crud encrusted shock issues with my little piece of plastic, it seems to do wot it says on the tin, and just dont like huggers at all, dont know why, always have, and i totaly agree that the size of the number plate holder/guard spoils the look of the back of the bike
carl