140 mph police chase

General Biker Banter
doggit

140 mph police chase

Post by doggit »

The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Wow some quick filtering there :lol: . They cut the ending out thou didn't show him being knicked, hope the owner gets his bike back eventually.
andyh

Post by andyh »

I thought they both were riding like idiots 8O
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I actually thought the cops were supposed to hold back in situations like that 8O ...scary stuff :!:
Stevie
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Yes think you are right was a story of a Dad who died cus he was feeling threatened of being caught in the hast of the chase he crashed and died not good.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

bikerpiker wrote:I actually thought the cops were supposed to hold back in situations like that 8O ...scary stuff :!:
quite agree, the rider was a total idiot but some of the police riders overtakes were more than dodgy...the strange editing was a bit odd too!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Max

Post by Max »

A motorcyclist filmed by an unmarked Sussex Police motorcycle travelling in excess of 140mph on the A21 has been sentenced at Crawley Magistrates Court.

Michael James Collins, 22 years, of Beckenham, Kent, pleaded guilty to a charge of dangerous driving on Wednesday (September 24th) and was sentenced to a two year suspended prison sentence, disqualified from driving for two years (with the requirement to take an extended test), given 240 hours unpaid work and ordered to pay costs.

Mr Collins was arrested following numerous complaints from residents in Hastings and drivers on the A21, who reported a motorcyclist riding dangerously and at excessive speed on a daily basis.

The method of riding was considered so extreme by investigating officers from the Sussex Road Policing Unit that normal stopping procedures were not considered appropriate. Instead, the rider was safely tracked using unmarked cars and an unmarked motorcycle in order to gather evidence to support a prosecution.

Mr Collins was arrested at a motorcycle dealership in South London on Wednesday (September 23rd) and transported to Crawley where he was remanded in custody for court the next morning.

Inspector Marc Clothier, Sussex Road Policing Unit, said: "This type of riding is wholly unacceptable and poses a significant risk to every road user. Sussex Police will deal robustly with this type of flagrant law-breaking to ensure we make the roads of Sussex a safer place for everyone to use.

"I hope this conviction will send out a strong message to motorcyclists who choose to use the roads of Sussex as a race track. We will not tolerate this behaviour and we have the ability and resources to deal with these riders.

"Since Sussex Police took delivery of a number of unmarked bikes, the number of motorcyclists caught breaking the law on our roads has increased dramatically. Road Policing officers will continue to deploy such vehicles as long as riders continue to behave in an irresponsible manner."

This is from the sussex police site
2 points
firstly he was doing this regularly so was going to get caught some time hence was not unlucky just a bit dull
Secondly and more scarey the Police seem to be saying that they will chase you on unmarked bikes encouraging you to race them on the public roads with both you and them breaking all sorts of laws but its OK for them as they will never crash they will just chase you till you crash and/or kill yourself or someone else.
It will be interesting god forbid if the persuing copper had head on'd with the bike coming the other way how the Police will transfer the blame to the other rider.
I think this was all done for show as the video runs for 30 mins and they had enough to do him after a couple of minutes. It was just legalised
police joy riding then for 25 mins with the copper breaking all the laws he did. Not very safe at all. They didnt even catch him he was arrested later at a motorcycle shop.
Max

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

andyh wrote:I thought they both were riding like idiots 8O
If that's genuine footage I agree :!:

Chris.
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

looked loike cop crashed at end, should be jailed-both. cop was defo more dangerous.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Bet the bloke who faced them both head on really had a brown pant moment 8O

They guy on the bike needs a slap (and more...)

That said, I dont understand why the "chase" had to go on as long as it did and im supprised the cops have realeased the footage.

Crap riding on both counts imo. The amount of other motorists and pedestrians put at risk begs belief. They pass a school at stupid speed too at one point :roll:
adfski

Post by adfski »

That copper should get all of the same charges put onto him. It makes no sense. If it's ok to ride like that then change the laws but how can it be ok for the copper but not civvies?

Could you argue that valentino rossi could ride faster than that idiotic copper as he has far superior riding skills.

If they have flashing lights and a siren then they can push it a bit but that whole video is unnecessary. For gods sake thay have helicopters AND they knew he travelled the same route everday. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"
tattie

Post by tattie »

Just watched it myself,
both riding dangerously, the copper had plenty of opportunites to pull him, none more evident than behind the yellow van on the dual section.
The near head on with the bike, I would say the copper was closest to connecting, like the white passat near the end that just about squeezed him as he was filtering "in excess of 40 mph".
With the abundance of Police camera action type of programmes on this last while you can't help but notice that rather than stop someone as and when they come across them breaking the law, they let them continue, ie give them more "rope".
How many innocent people have been seriously injured or killed as a result of this tactic?
A couple of months ago there was a ZX9 passing my house every morning between 6.40 and 6.50am, I would estimate going at least 130/40.
All they would need to do would be to sit at the layby at the end of the straight (not visible from mine due to the slight curve in the road) and bingo 8O Knicked. No need for dangerous chases.
He eventually slowed down, a combination of encountering the peacocks from the big house crossing in front of him and a complaint to the boys in blue by a gadgie in the next village.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Can't quite see how someone BEHIND you is an encouragement to race? If I get a knob behind me (fnarr) then I slow down so they can go and crash somewhere else, then continue my own ride.

I do agree that the "pursuit" could have been stopped a lot sooner though.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Dont see why the copper did not pull him way earlier, makes no sense other than to add to the charges. Cant charge a corpse 8O

DONT GET ME STARTED :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

On the Brighter side.
As long as ther are knobs riding bikes like that it statistically makes it safer for you out on the road. Lets face it, it's far more likely he'll end up dead sooner or later and become another statistic, meanwhile the safe numbers move in our favour.

Ya just gotta lov logic

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal