Front tyre

General Bike chat
captainkirk11

Front tyre

Post by captainkirk11 »

I've just been offered free !! a new BT010 front to replace my shagged BT020 the only thing is it's a 120 x 60 does the lower side wall profile give sharper steering or am I heading for the hedge !!!
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Check if that size is a recommended fittment first..... just to be safe. :wink: ..
as its not the hedges you have to watch out for.. but the hard sh1t behind them :cry:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Nah.
You'll be alright. It's a slightly better tyre and :lol: It's a freebe :lol:
Also if you don't like the handling you can always change it.
Pete.l
captainkirk11

front tyre

Post by captainkirk11 »

8) been out all morning on new 120x60 BT010 the front is definately turning in quicker than it was before. It makes the front seem a bit more lively on slower corners but at the same time the bike felt more settled in and out of the fast bends (90+) ....that's the only way I can describe it.
I will stick with this size in future !!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Remember, whenever you go from a worn out shagged tyre to a new one (even the same make/size), it will transform the feel of the bike.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Captiankirk11
Dont know if you saw the article on the same scenario as your front tyre only on a F/blade in MCNews. A valid point they did make was that there are insurance implications. If you need to claim or are claimed against, and the incorrect tyre fitment was a factor in causing the accident, an insurer may deem you to have been in breach of contract. They could void your cover, leaving you high and dry.

Chris.