I just test rode a.....CBR600RR..

General Bike chat
stevevtr1

I just test rode a.....CBR600RR..

Post by stevevtr1 »

Needed to, as iwas thinking it would be more fun than the storm................WRONG.Sure it was smooth,but gutless 8O
It didn't wake up 'til about 10K then flew to 13K (impressed but not suprised)very quick in that range.
Problem i had was to ride it on the road & any where near as fast as iwould on the storm it sounded like iwas going twice the speed & i wasn't doing any more,too much unwanted attention IMO.
The upside ,Honda have got their mass centralisation thing spot on ,it would take the piss out of your efforts on well known twisty b roads..put it where you think & it would laugh at you,leaving you with a slightly deflated feeling :( (Would be ace on the track ,i expect)
OK i only had it for an hour but it made my mind up about a possible switch to something smaller.(wouldn't mind a spin on a trumpet 675 as a comparison tho.)
Best bit was riding back on my storm... big grins from 3000rpm :D :D
In love all over again(no substitute for big cubes i guess)

Cheers
Steve
tattie

Post by tattie »

I don't think I would be tempted by a four 8O , but a triple maybe :D , the 675 sounds very good bumbling along and even better when giving it a handfull :D .
That's the problem with having had a twin it is hard to find anything else with the sound and vibes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Got to agree with you Steve,

Never had one on the road, but did the Ron Haslam race school thing last year on one, thoroughly enjoyed it, but 6th gear came far too quickly for my liking.
Also played on wor lass' Hornet 600 quite a bit, albeit de-tuned rr , still got to cane it to get some return. Nice n nimble - just no soul.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice Triple - that's on the shopping list too sometime.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Modern 600's are almost like the two-strokes of our generation I think... rode my mate's 04 zx6r and it was pretty gutless. His 98 ZX6R had quite a bit more grunt as it happens - that's progress for you but not always in the right direction.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
stevevtr1

Post by stevevtr1 »

firestorm996 wrote:Modern 600's are almost like the two-strokes of our generation I think... rode my mate's 04 zx6r and it was pretty gutless. His 98 ZX6R had quite a bit more grunt as it happens - that's progress for you but not always in the right direction.
Thats exactly what i said after the ride out,if owt my RGV was easier & more useable 8O probably 'cos you weren't in with too much chance of losing your licence when the fun started. :lol: :lol: