bugger

General Bike chat
twintin

bugger

Post by twintin »

left for home 15mins later than usual to miss the traffic bugger the traffic didn't miss me 1 indicator 1mirror 1 r/h fairing 1 rear bodywork 2 levers 1 holed engine casing bugger bugger bugger,luckily he is insured but it,s still gonna be a pain in the a***e cos it's gonna be the old it's not my fault he rides a bike it must be his fault. Must do a quick can swap just in case of any probs, hey ho all part of lifes rich tapestry (just wish it wouldn't drop a stitch)
its not rust it's character
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bad luck, sorry to hear about your "incident".
Proudest Monkey

Post by Proudest Monkey »

Unlucky... glad to hear you are OK though? just hope you don't have insurance probs.
She's Matte black and FULL-O-BEAUTY
and now sounding sweeter than ever with the new High Rise StainTunes :D

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/displa ... StainTunes
twintin

hope not

Post by twintin »

Cheers guys
Yeah i hope so too, at least he is insured The only problem i can see is that he works for a solicitors so it could get messy if he plays the "it's not my fault card", but only time will tell
Had to come to work in me van today only took twice as long still it is lagging down so thats a consolation :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Twintin,

Sorry to hear about your incident, Hope you get sorted quickly.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

sorry to hear the news twin....

if it helps, if you get solicitors greif, let me know, i work for an insurer, and will be able to dredge out any neccesary legal issues for you....

(ps what were the circs of the accident, were you filtering? did he pull out?) let me know.....

it will make a difference to how your claim will be handled.....
twintin

THANX

Post by twintin »

Cheers Essexbloke
I've just heard from my insurers that he has admitted it was his fault so i can get it sorted pretty quickly now, with a bit of luck.He hit me from the side. As i was riding past him,he decided that as his lane was stationary he needed to swop and i think i was in his blind spot, so as he was changing lanes and i wasn't i don't think he had a leg to stand on anyway, although in the middle of rush hour you would have thought that somebody would have offered to be a witness (no chance filthy biker had it comin) just in case
thanks again guys
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

No probs.glad to hear it'll be sorted out soon........

i had asimilar experience in Jan 2001, but the git denied ever being there....(ok so i fell for no reason eh...)

anyhoo, it's still going through, and it's due in court next month....should fun watching him squirm......

oh, and we have a witness confirming his presence.... :wink:

if ya need any help gis us a shout.....
RQ

Post by RQ »

Similar experience twelve months ago. Was filtering to the right of a city council truck when he suddenly turned right just as I was alongside the cab.

I managed to stay on the bike and pull up. I ripped his front bumper clean off, and smashed his right hand light. All I got was a dent and scrape down the side of the exhausts. The driver admitted liability straight away, and got a cheque in the post to pay for new exhausts !!

RQ
twintin

ONGOING

Post by twintin »

Just heard from the insurers again and they said i can claim for the damage to me kit, i think this is where it may get fun as my head hit the road but there isn't any visual damage to my lid. I don't really fancy riding ride in it knowing it's hit the deck although they said get a new one 1 and send us the bill and the old 1 i'm preparing myself for a call when they receive a non damaged lid in the post!!! could be fun
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

A helmet is a 1 impact item as stated at the start of a CBT course, which is laid down by the Dsa.

"If it's had an impact get a new one not matter how it looks" That is the advice given by the DSA and all helmet manufacturers. There should not be an insurance company that won't pay out when the driver is clearly at fault.
If they are at fault for the accident they are at fault for the damage to your clothing and helmet
twintin

Post by twintin »

£1751.62 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH an it was only a slow bump not sure wot they gonna do now ?99on a v 18000 miles
spos i'll just have to wait an see :cry: :cry:
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

if you definately want to keep the bike (incase they write it off - but I doubt they will - just asked em)? then work out the labour cost and then how long it will take you/cost to fix it and maybe strike a deal with your insurers where they give you less money and ya fix it yourself. I've done this before and worked out well. Wot was the parts and labour anyway if ya don't mind me asking.

Del.
twintin

Post by twintin »

Luckily i haven't got to pay for it dell otherwise i think i'd be havin kittens
i was just a bit suprised and worried in case they do write it off . the parts costs come to about 1450 the rest is labour 7 hrs they reckon, just hope they get there finger out an get it fixed cos i'm p****d of with drivin the curtsey car thev'e given me!!!!!!
twintin

Post by twintin »

Woohoo
back in the land of the livin got it back on saturday had it kitted out with new bridgestones while they were at it. Put the arts back on Its all clean an shiney now, till tonight anyway (damn weather)