Isle of Man TT virgin oooh errr!!

General Bike chat
Pipstorm

Isle of Man TT virgin oooh errr!!

Post by Pipstorm »

:D just booked my tickets for the IOM, understatement to say that I'm excited, never been before so has anyone got any tips, where to watch, places to eat or drink or anything that will help me and my mates have an unforgettable time :?:

Cheers

Phil :lol:
Badger

Post by Badger »

Hi Phil, the best bit is providing you stick the speed limits in the built up
areas you dont have to worry about the cops. :D :D

Loads of places to watch, but try not to get your self trapped, Parlement Square in Ramsey's good, close to shops & pubs :D , the goose neck is
good U can also get in & out the back way when the racing is on.

Glen Helen is also good right next to the pub & the food is good value for
money. Talking of money take loads cos nothing is cheap 8O

Have a good time
Alan
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

Thanx Alan

Methinks it will be hard to keep it wound down with 2 blades, Gixer thou, CBR600RR, XJR1300 and my 'Storm, it still sounds better than the rest (Hi level titanium Arts)

The only place we could get accommodation is near Peel so I don't think were going to get too pi**ed as we will be riding every day, we're out there for 8 days so it should be fun.

I hear there is a run for DJ on Mad Sunday, they are expecting a couple of thousand bikes to take part, with all proceeds going to DJ's folks, so will try to join in with that.

I must admit that I thought it was going to be pretty cheap out there, the ferry wasn't too bad and accommodation reasonable but it sounds like I better empty a few cards before I go, the misses wants something decent bought back (my punishment for going without her)

All advice welcomed!

Keep it coming.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

My advice (having only lost my virginity last) would be when your out thrashin ya bike feeling like Rossi be v-careful of the bloke that gonna overtake you and then the one that's over taking him at the same time, this will also be happening comin towards you at 100+ mph. Myself and Firestorm996 nearly found out the hard way last year with one bike heading for us and the wrong side of the road, he swervs in and then ****me there some one doing warp 9 about to hit us.

Be careful and don't trust no one on the road and come back.

Del.
Badger

Post by Badger »

Hi Phil,

Del's right, beware of a line of cars coming toward you, because every
f**ker want's to overtake them 8O 8O

Use both mirrors as well cus they dont seem bothered which side they overtake you on.

Alan
O-Ring

Re: Isle of Man TT virgin oooh errr!!

Post by O-Ring »

Pipstorm wrote::D just booked my tickets for the IOM, understatement to say that I'm excited, never been before so has anyone got any tips, where to watch, places to eat or drink or anything that will help me and my mates have an unforgettable time :?:

Cheers

Phil :lol:
Sorry...what is IOM?

O-Ring
RQ

Post by RQ »

Isle of Man, TT races.
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
O-Ring

Post by O-Ring »

RQ wrote:Isle of Man, TT races.
WOW...the famous race...
have a good trip

O-Ring
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Another thing to watch out for, when you're turning into the Museum on the mountain, check both mirrors well before you commit to turning. It's on a corner for starters, you will have people trying to pass you (either side) and to make matters worse they'll have been doing anything up to 150 for the last 4-5 miles so the perception of speed and judgement is completely shot.

When we pulled someone nearly wiped Del out on an MV Agusta(?) followed by an RSV Mille who almost took me out - I could hear him lock it up and if I hadn't waited a split second longer before turning, he'd have ploughed straight into me. I also didn't know which side he was gonna pass me on what with having no mirrors on the motard. We were there for an hour having a brew etc and in that time we saw loads of near-misses, one bloke butt-end someone on an R1, and some doddery old coffin dodger almost reverse his camper van down a *cough* slightly steep hill. :biggrin :wink2 All on that same bend, so be careful there!

Don't let us put you off, you'll have a great time if you ride pretty sensibly and don't get dragged into deeper water than you can handle. Watch out for low-flying Busas. :biggrin

My advice is get out and see parts of the island where the masses don't go, there are some great quiet roads if you go off the sportsbike roads. There's also a fantastic rollercoaster road near the Bungalow that Steve H showed us which is about 5ft wide, and like a motocross track but in tarmac. Don't try taking ya VTR down there though. :wink2 At one point we were both airborne on the motards after quite a big bump in the 'road', 50-60mph with a sheep standing sidewards chewing grass and taking up most of the track, looking at us all funny like. :eek2 I lost count of the number of times I nearly bottled it down that road.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch