What's your mileage?

General Bike chat
lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

i have a 98 storm with 37.000 on it now, i brought it feb last year with 23.000 on it now has new cct's on it plus 2 new valves and cyclinder head after a bike shop screwed up my engine while doing the cct's :(
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Holy mackerel bob, and i thought i had done some miles!!!!
You are truly the mileage king.... :D
Not all those who wander are lost...
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

it had 58,000 on when i got it, i got full history with it & its had NO engine work & all i did was oil & filters & just ride it, never had a single problem with it :D only got it for winter but liked it that much i swapped my bandit for another storm :biggrin
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

'97 best colour which is also the fastest bought it from a mate last may, been stored for 5 years, put battery on it fuel in tank started first time got 18,000 mls on it.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Mnes done 22k miles, :) ...........

there's one on ebay with 67k miles,needs work......u guessed c.c.t broke :!:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

storminateacup wrote:'97 best colour which is also the fastest bought it from a mate last may, been stored for 5 years, put battery on it fuel in tank started first time got 18,000 mls on it.

Was it heavy rain that washed off the best bit? You are only left will tiny bits of red on the tank 8O
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

Beamish wrote:
storminateacup wrote:'97 best colour which is also the fastest bought it from a mate last may, been stored for 5 years, put battery on it fuel in tank started first time got 18,000 mls on it.

Was it heavy rain that washed off the best bit? You are only left will tiny bits of red on the tank 8O
just cos you got one of them common red jobbies :lol:
solorider

Post by solorider »

mine has 57k on the clocks,dont know how many miles the engine has though as a jap import engine was fitted a few years ago due to a cct faliure (my bike has had 2 cct faliures on the front cylinder on the original engine) tbh you would not tell the bike has done the mileage
warby221

Post by warby221 »

VTRbob wrote: just cos you got one of them common red jobbies :lol:
Humm I think I’d prefer to be saying its big, it’s red and throbbing and a 1000cc
Than its big black and throbbing
:P :P :P :P :P
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Nowt wrong with Red...its the pants blue ones that have the probs lol
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

LotusSevenMan wrote:'97 bike ... on 12,227 miles.
queensburylad wrote:11,500ish on a 98 plate
Big_Ham wrote:9k at the moment, and it's a 98. 8O
Andy1671 wrote:99 model with 21000
You people should be ashamed! 8O :P :wink:

Bought mine new in November 2006. It had 32,000km on it by it's first birthday. Tends to have slowed somewhat though, now that I'm Without Licence...

I bought my last Storm with 12,000kms on the clock & sold it about 2 & a half years later with 112,000kms. 8)

Everything is further away in Australia... :?
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

VTR Girl.

I'm not ashamed! I 'did for' the last VTR in a low side so this is my second and I have two other bikes + a Caterham Seven so what with the earns-the-money-to-pay-for-these-toys work and the amazing amount of mechanical maintainance/servicing I have to do with these (+ stationary engines as another hobby) I run out of time to ride!!!!! :wink:

PS. The VTR has 35+ seperate modifications to it that means it works better/is more reliable/suits me so ??? :roll:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Vtrgirl comes in a very close 2nd behind Bob, with an astonishing 112,000km which is 70,000 miles! Any servicing issues on that bike vtrgirl?
Not all those who wander are lost...
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

LSM, LOL, I'm always bagging people about not clocking up enough kms, but when it comes down to it, mine's gunna bring in the least for resale :( Plus, I'm too tight to pay for multiple registrations, so I've only got the one vehicle.

Jonesy, the ol' girl never missed a beat. The CCTs got clunky at around 80,000 & because I'm slack, they weren't replaced for about another 10,000. Got a new wreck-you-later rectum-frier as well, but can't remember when that was. That was it. Everything else was a dream. Oh, except the same indicator switch problem someone's been posting here about recently where you turn them on & then basically wait about three blocks before they decide to flash. Never did work out why, or how to rectify it, but it only happened in the cold.

I'm much more mechnically considerate to the one I have now. Just throw money at my mechanic & let him do what he wants with it (the bike, not me...).
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

LOL

.............and besides VTR girl, I bet I do more miles in the next one month and six days than you'll do. Just been out and put another few miles on it tonight so there!!! Yah boo to you :lol:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!