CCT ----- again

General Bike chat
Scott Malcolm

CCT ----- again

Post by Scott Malcolm »

Hey all,

My front CCT went last fall. The spring broke. Being the cheap b8stard that I am, I fixed the spring. I'm starting to hear a ticking noise again.. but I don't understand how the CCT can cause a ticking noise. Either it's working or it's broken?!?!? What's actually going on? If the spring breaks, does it take a while for the CCT to back out? Or does it totally drop back as soon as the spring breaks?. Either way, I'm going to buy the ape tensioners, but I'm still riding the bike (a balmy 16F degrees it was this morning!).

Cheers,
Scott
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

errr, if you suspect the cct then STOP riding now as if the spring has gone and it retracts a couple of millimeters then pop bang oh shite and you could end up with bent valves etc. If you want a set of APE ones, where would you get them from (and how much is it gonna cost ya including the postage to get em) as I have a new sealed set in me garage that I ain't gonna use but the postage may cost a few quid.

If it has gone and it has not retracted yet then you have been lucky so far.

Del.
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Del,

If Scott doesn't want them, I'll take them (please).
My front camchain has gone once too, and I spent an absolute age yesterday trying to order some APE tensioners or find someone in NZ who sells them. Got as far as finding the NZ agent, who hasn't responded yet and who lives miles away in a smallish provincial town.
Can't stand the Honda CCTs any more, nor the worry of something going ping.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Talking of CCT's.....del, now done 200 miles on them,....no news to report as yet.......all in the right place, no movement, no leaks......
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Ian (New Zealand) PM sent to you mate.

Ian (Essexbloke) good, was ya on it today then? cold!. Be seein ya soon then. I'm not about next week though.

Del.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Del, was on it yesterday & today.....

Erm COLD.....bloody hell m8... doesnt even come close.....

Oh and you know you polished it.....well it's now completley white after 2 days up & down the A12.... :cry:

guess what i'll be doing this weekend..... :(

you didnt want to see it for 500 miles so i'll space it out till week after next or so...
DD

Post by DD »

What is the milage, and years of these bikes doing in there cct's?
Christ, I thought that Honda went through this in the 80's
I'd might as well go back to Moto Guzzi :roll:
cheers Darryl
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Dunno, but hell of a good reason to buy a set of modified cct's from Del.....