is my seat stusk??

General Bike chat
Don Denmark

Post by Don Denmark »

:D 8O :D THE SEAT IS OFFFF hurra now i can recharge the battery thanks guys
tattie

Post by tattie »

:lol: A mate of mine was having the same trouble with removing his seat with a grabrail fitted. He was watching me removing the seat off my storm one day and he could not believe how easy it was, although I must admit this mod (if you can call it that) was done by my bikes previous owner.

The 2 metal lugs under the seat, 1no left hand and 1no right hand. Swap the left hand to the right side and the right hand to the left side. They no longer locate under the subframe bracket and the lock mechanisim holds the seat in place. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope this helps

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Badger wrote:If you want some real fun, fit a rentec grab rail, leave the seat cowl on,
then try getting the seat on & off :x :evil:
Alan
I've got this setup, it works fine.
However, you can make it a LOT less stressfull if you chop a little bit off the lug on the underside front of the seat. Then you don't have to pull it back so far to release the front

Job's a goodun

Ben

And if you fit a undertray the space is enormous. I have my spare visor, a set of waterproofs, a puncture kit and a few tools and still have room for a twix (but it melts on long runs though!!)
W@zzA

seat

Post by W@zzA »

Seat mod tip in the workshop section!