Storm the track........

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case anything is sorted, I doubt I could make it this year as wifey is off for most of it on maternity so funds are low, but you never know.

Cadwell is a great track obviously, but not necessarily one I'd recommend to track newbies. Oulton is quite novice-friendly and easy to learn, with little to catch out any half-decent rider.

Or the nurburgring would be equally good. :D
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

firestorm996 wrote: Cadwell is a great track obviously, but not necessarily one I'd recommend to track newbies. Oulton is quite novice-friendly and easy to learn, with little to catch out any half-decent rider.
Eh??
I popped my track-day cherry at Cadwell (and got my pic in Performance Bikes at the same time)
I would highly recommend it to anyone, novices included
TBH its more dangerous to intermediates as its when you get giddy it can bite back
DOUBLE eh?? 8O
Definitely wouldnt recommend that one for novices -well certainly not at the weekends anyway
Or when its wet

I'm interested another trackday though so will keep an eye on this
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Stormin Ben wrote: I popped my track-day cherry at Cadwell (and got my pic in Performance Bikes at the same time)
I would highly recommend it to anyone, novices included
TBH its more dangerous to intermediates as its when you get giddy it can bite back
Me too, first trackday ever was at Cadwell in the wet. There were loads of offs in the novice group, and the woodland section was a nightmare due to the amount of moss on the track - slippy as hell and unforgiving if you messed it up! Don't get me wrong, I love cadwell but imho you need your head screwed on while you're learning it, and I'd say it's less forgiving than for instance Oulton if you lob it.
Stormin Ben wrote:
DOUBLE eh?? 8O
Definitely wouldnt recommend that one for novices -well certainly not at the weekends anyway
Or when its wet
*sigh* that was meant as a joke! But if a ring trip was organised I'd be tempted to go back...
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
gilson

Bringing back an old thread

Post by gilson »

Hi All, I've booked in a track day at Silverstone on the 5th May, a BH Monday. Hot Traxs for 165 for the GP track. I thought it was quite good value as I paid 99GBP for Cadwell on a Friday.

I agree with Cadwell, it's a lovely course. I came off my mates firestorm track bike coming down the hill at the left hander before the mountain. I was one of those that think you have to go to the max, but I've learnt my lesson now (ahem!). Since that day I've bought the said firestorm and love it, once of the best track bikes IMHO. When compared to the Kwak 750 Ninja that I had, it was miles easier to ride....

So I'll be there on a yellow 'Camel' Firestorm. Would be great to speak to a similarly minded biker.
Cheers!
NuttyTart

Trackday - Donington

Post by NuttyTart »

Hi folks

If anyone is interested I'm organising a trackday at Donington on 29 May 2008, its the full gp circuit and a noisy day, the cost per person is £175, but with a group discount we get 10% off, which works out at....

Cheque - £157.50

Paypal - £163.00

Paypal (e-cheque) - £161.00

Using paypal is a bit more to cover the fees

This is the first trackday for us this year (firebladeriders), I'll be organising another one at Cadwell in September.

If you would be interested in doing the Donington Trackday, follow the link below and fill in the application form and I'll email you with details on where to send payment. I have to collect the payment to get the group discount.

http://www.freewebs.com/firebladeriders ... _donin.htm