Valencia Moto GP in October

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tony.mon

Valencia Moto GP in October

Post by tony.mon »

I'm bloody going!
Meself and three heretics on other bikes are heading down to sun and sangria at the last race of the year.

Anyone know how the hell you buy tickets for the circuit without going through bloody touts?

Any other circuit's website seems to have a link for ticket sales, but not this one. Or maybe I just can't find it?

(Worrying if so, 'cause I'll probably get tickets then have trouble finding the circuit....)

Probably doing the Santander ferry from Southampton, then riding the rest. Would ride all the way, but don't want to get bored and squared-off tyres from too many motorway miles.
Anyway, you can drink on the boat...

So if anyone's been before, or similar, tips appreciated.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

lee67 wrote:here u go..£137 mindst!!

http://www.soldouteventtickets.com/tick ... otogp-2008
Thanks, Lee, I found that one, and several others, but they're all ticket agencies. Surely it's cheaper to just buy them from the circuit?
lee67

Post by lee67 »

i would have thought so...but long way to go, to find out lol...back int day it would have been the only way :wink:
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Just wow...

Mugello MotoGP last year, 3 day pass with grandstand was 256 Euros (£192)

£247 for a grandstand ticket is shocking.

October is a good time, I have a lot of commitments this year, but should be free and available for then.

I quite fancy it actually.

I'll dig around some and post up stuff as I find it.

How long are you thinking of going for? Its fantastic is riding in Europe and the Mugelloteers pretty much all wished we had more time to just go riding.

Tips: Get a good deal on Euros before you go - the Post Office were good. Bear in mind that the ferry will rip you off in Euro prices (they converted them at a sick rate) use GBP for it. Several foreign petrol stations don't take cash.

Must must must have travel insurance that covers repatriation of you and your bike if it comes to that. (right Cuppa?) don't skimp on it thinking it wont happen.

Tickets from here, first corner grandstand 3 day pass £139

The hotel packages aren't bad either...

http://www.toursareusonline.co.uk/acata ... ckets.html
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: Valencia Moto GP in October

Post by cupasoop »

tony.mon wrote:Anyone know how the hell you buy tickets for the circuit without going through bloody touts?
It's cheaper going through the circuits for tickets but as the race is 8 months away they wont have any information on them yet.

http://www.circuitvalencia.com/contactar.html

There's a subject heading for ticket sales so you can send them a message about them.
Rich.

SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

I've been looking and i fancy Mugello & Catalunya in June,
Two week's of bike's & beer 8)
Or W S B Sept21 Vallelunga
Or Misano Aug31
I like Italy 8)
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
tony.mon

Booked!

Post by tony.mon »

Well, it's booked, through Pole Position.
Ferries as well. Speedferries came up cheapest.
Leaving 20th Oct, back 30th.
Including grandstand between turns 1 and 2, big TV view, 3 days entries. Inc ferries it came to £146.36 each.

Three days going down, so we can hoon some mountain passes, but cramming the ride back in 2 days, so probably mostly autoroutes.

How about this, though- got a villa for £100 weds-tues. No, not per person, for all four of us!

Typing this while it's snowing outside (just heard they cancelled BSB Brands just up the road) so really looking forward to a bit of sun!
tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

Glad you got sorted. For future reference for anyone travelling in Europe and wanting tickets I can highly recommend Steve Millard -> http://www.travelcorp.co.uk. Got my tickets for the Assen WSB last year from him and he was a pleasure to do business with.
2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm - SOLD
2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 - from two cylinders to three!
chris300hills

Post by chris300hills »

Tony,

Sorry only just seen this post and looks like you are sorted now. We went to Valencia last year and had a great time. Bought our tickets direct from the circuit website (now on sale for 2008). They have a good system where you can collect the tickets from different places all over the city on production of the card you used to purchase them (we got ours from the El Corte Ingles department store).

Guess you will be riding to the circuit but the train service from the city centre station to the circuit is very reasonable and well organised. Valencia is an interesting city with lots of good bars and cafes etc also some stunning modern architecture. Just don't make the mistake I made of planning all the museum visits for Monday - they-re all shut!

Have a good trip.