Bad
No votes
OK until they're worn
20%

Total votes: 5

tony.mon

BT021's

Post by tony.mon »

Fitted a 21 rear at the Bulldog this year, and it's still on.
Ride all year, and use it for work, so although i haven't logged the mileage it's lasting longer that the 020's I usually run.
But is it me, or is the middle bit damned hard an slippy?
The roads have been awful since the leaves started dropping, but the rear breaks away at the slightest provocation.
'Nother thing, when following changes of level or ridges running along the direction of travel, (like in the middle of the road, where they've surfaced one side then the other) it tracks horribly.
Means I have to concentrate hard when filtering, as the bike wanders towards the cars I'm passing.
Got to say, I was impressed at first, on warm roads, but now I'm not so sure....

Anyone else got any feedback?
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Know what you mean about 'tramlining' and especially over the tarmac 'join' in the centre of the road when filtering but this is as they get a bit worn and profile flattens a bit (well it is for me as I do a fair amount of motorway running etc). Fine when only about 200 miles on and scrubbed in so ????

LSM
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Maybe it's because I use the bike every day for work in all weathers, frost, snow and all.

Or maybe it's the ******ing nail I found in the rear Xmas Eve morning.......

Aspersions unfairly cast, possibly.

Will update once repaired.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Yeah, I tend to find nails do upset the handling a bit. So do screws!

My Suzuki GSX600F started a bit of a slide with this one on board!!!!!!

"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
tony.mon

Apologies to Bridgestone 021 rears

Post by tony.mon »

Holding my hand up to unfair judgement on the Bridgestone 021 rear.
:oops:
I was blaming the 021, but I changed it for a Mich 2CT (they didn't have the Bridge in stock at the time) and it's still doing what I described above.

Turned out to be the 020 front, which wasn't worn down to legal limits (had about 2-2.5mm) but when I changed that to a Mich 2CT to match the rear the handling came back.

So maybe the mix of 021 rear and 020 front was to blame? Dunno if anyone else is running this combo?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I sounds like the profile of the front had worn unevenly. Instead of nice and round the fronts can start to make a triangle shape! 8O
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Be interested in a report on the 2CT's. I'm thinking of putting them on next. I have Avon Storm ST's on at the moment and they've been great, but I fancy the 2CT as I plan to trash the crap outta it over summer.

I had 014's which were good, but I mullered them in 1000 miles, so not buying them again.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

I have a real dilemma when it comes to tyres. I have to balance the fact that i am fed up with buying a new rear every 1800 miles, 8O with the point that i need a lot of grip. I am going to try them pilot thingys with the dual compund rubber next. What are they called then?

Interesting someone mentioned spinning the rear up in this weather. I have the delight of mine doing that all year round, regardless of the weather :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to the world of 170 bhp.....
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Kitch wrote:Be interested in a report on the 2CT's. I'm thinking of putting them on next. I have Avon Storm ST's on at the moment and they've been great, but I fancy the 2CT as I plan to trash the crap outta it over summer.

I had 014's which were good, but I mullered them in 1000 miles, so not buying them again.
I am feeling that Kitch 014s will be swapped for 021s next time around.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
simon t

Post by simon t »

Run a dual compound at the rear and softy at the front - it helps the turn-in whilst getting decent mileage. I did it on Bridgestones with no probs.