Gen-Mar bar risers ????

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

Gen-Mar bar risers ????

Post by sirch345 »

Can anyone who know's (even one of you may have them already fitted) explain to me exactly how these bar risers actually attach to the bike! I have read the fitting instructions ( more than once ) on their site, but the bit I don't get is this, if you put the 19mm spacer under the clip-ons without altering the amount of forkleg showing above the top yoke you're not going to be left with very much for the original bar to clamp back onto, which does'nt seem right to me,
cheers Chris.
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Well, that's how they go. I guess some of the strength comes from the spacer itself being completely on the fork tubes, and the bars being a close fit with that.
I didn't have a problem with mine, because the forks were already pushed up through the triple clamps quite a way, so much, in fact, that I couldn't put the caps on (not that I wanted to).
Maybe you should just drop the yokes down the forks a bit anyway - every little bit will help. :)

When you have them fitted, you'll probably notice that the left-hand switch block hits the bottom of the fairing - mine does, and so did the one on the VTR of the bloke I bought the risers from. It's not really much of a nuisance, except it keeps turning the headlight on high beam!

Hope this helps - the GenMars certainly help the ergonomics noticeably, giving that little bit extra height, AND the option of being able to move the 'bars slightly (fore and aft) to get the right angle. Now they're just not very good, as opposed to being really crap. (I had a VFR before, and lurved the ergos on that .)
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
sirch345
Site Admin

Ex-viffer

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks Ian for the info, very much appreciated.

cheers Chris.