Rear peg hangers

General Biker Banter
storminateacup

Rear peg hangers

Post by storminateacup »

Here is a picture of my Storm with the new high level Venoms, anybody got any ideas how to fit some rear peg hangers :?:

Keith
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

u will need to make some spacer dowels, and used along with longer bolts..the oe hangers will fit,,, might mean u need long bolts tho, i was gonna do this with mine, but decided i would have needed 3-4" spacers, and thought it might be too much stress on em, when weighted by a pillion.....
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

FirestormMike wrote:yep, you need 3" spacers fitting. When I bought my scorps they came supplied.
Do they take the weight OK Mike :?:
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

The spacers I had on mine when I bought it (think they were scorpions spacers) had no problems when carrying a pillion, it just makes me wonder if that's why paint flakes off and goes rusty around the point where the subframe bolts to the frame :?:
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

Quite a few I've seen have done it, mines an 02 plate that has 8k on the clock and it was like it when I bought it. I'm going to get mine powder coated when I can be bothered. In the meantime I undid the bolts eased the subframe back and smoothrited it :) But I think you're probably right in assuming it is the twisting force that does it. Took my rear pegs off too, just because it looks better :)
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

FirestormMike wrote:they take the weight no problem, as long as your pillion doesnt use the pegs to climb on bike, they're only there to provide foot support.
Firestorm looks way better without them, so I only fitted them on the days Vickie was out with me. It's only 4 bolts and 5 mins.
I have to agree with you it looks better without. I may get some spacers made up for the odd occasion when I get lucky :wink:
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Bear in mind though that although they do look better without the pillion pegs, the pegs do do a great job of keeping the cans off the floor if your drop it :lol:

Not a major problem for Mike thoughas he'd just use it as an excuse to re-jig it and fit some different ones :lol:
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
yanto

Post by yanto »

get the piilion to wrap there legs around you (phwaaaaarrrr)

eerrrrr female pillion that is :lol:
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

yanto wrote:get the piilion to wrap there legs around you (phwaaaaarrrr)

eerrrrr female pillion that is :lol:
Don't think I haven't thought about it 8)
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

its galvanic corrosion there, when the paint comes off the subframe it lets in moisture and through differences in the materials electic properties sets off a big ammount of corrosion