Mirrors

General Bike chat
wingding

Mirrors

Post by wingding »

Can I clarify that ANY RI/R6 mirrors will fit onto my 'storm and replace the ones that give a lovely view of my elbows?

I had thought of fitting an auxilliary mirror - you see them for sale at cycle shops, very small diameter, fit on the bars or on the bar end - but not sure if one would handle the ride...

I also thought of fitting one of those round auxillary mirrors that stick on to the existing mirror and are for curing 'blindspots' on cars.

It does seem very odd that Honda would produce something so obviously incorrect, but I love the bike

Also, has anyone any experience of fitting aftermarket luggage?? I picked up a small set of Oxford panniers at the NEC, but, I am not anxious to fit them without ensuring they won't fall off and the instructions are somewhat confusing.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

I bought a set of oxford panniers last year from the BMF, they were easy to fit. With a little practise, only takes about 10 mins to fit or remove now. just a case of working out which starps go where to start with....

Once on, (providing you got the straps right), they wont budge an inch, But i would place something protective over the seat hump if i were you, cos the strappng over the top, is a little abrasive...

Ps, re-mirroes, i dropped the storm about a year ago, and tried to get some universal fitting mirrors at the time, only to be told after numerous calls, that none of themm would fit the storm....

Apparently R1 mirrors fit straight on, but i didnt know that at the time.....

Honda ones brand new were (last year) £55.00 each.........