jet kits?

General Bike chat
03suprchikn

jet kits?

Post by 03suprchikn »

OK I'm in the process of ordering Remus race cans for my 03 superhawk. I'm going to get a factory pro jet kit but had acouple of questions about them .

First question, on their website it states for my bike, "Also - as with ALL VTR1000's - the TPS must be checked and set to 500 +/- 10 ohms - or low speed cruise smoothness is impossible to attain!
They have been seen as much as 800 ohms as delivered." I didn't think carburated motors had tps.

Second, What would happen if I got the best jet kit fot my bike even though I'm putting just slip-ons? I know the best one I might have to do some drilling but that doesn't bother me.

Is it going to come with multiple needles for me to mess with? Thanks in advance.
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Read the "Workshop" section of the forum. Yes, the Firestorm does indeed have a TPS - it's located on the right-hand side of the rear carb.
Sorry - I can't help out about the jets. I have a Dynojet kit in mne, and it runs very well, but I have no experience of any other kinds of jets.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
thehazmatguy

Post by thehazmatguy »

yea... the computer uses the tps and water temp (?) to vary the timing for best performance. If I wasn't so lazy, I would look in my repair manual to be sure about the water temp! :D
You know the Austin Powers movies? I have always wanted to date someone like Allota Fagina... but I always seem to date her sister Sandy.
--------------------------------------
pete7

Post by pete7 »

Superchicken, which Remus cans are you fitting ?

Pete
03suprchikn

Post by 03suprchikn »

they are titanium high mounts , the race versions.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

I thought that the remus cans did'nt need jetting????? they are designed to run on standard jets. Of course I could be talking complete Bollox here :roll:

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
03suprchikn

Post by 03suprchikn »

I honestly don't know. I was planning on doing it anyways just to get the most out of it.