A good point

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

A good point

Post by VTRgirl »

I work & they pay me. I pay my taxes & the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, as I work on a mine site or a construction project, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand – I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their butt drinking piss & smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the country would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance cheque?
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

A brilliant idea

I can make a fortune selling my pee to smack heads.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Enough to recoup your taxes?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

How often would you conduct the tests? Here in blighty benefits are paid fortnightly. a finger prick every time they sign on -what about postal signers? Claimants with MS who take legitimate cannabis therapy?

Plus cost - I slipped a sample of my cat's blood for analysis through the hospital ward I worked on to save £100! :oops: and grabbed it before the doctors matched it to the paw patient :wink:

This evening all the new junior doctors are on the razz before starting their posts tommorow - be afraid be very afraid so don't get admitted till they learn from their mistakes....

Is it just nurses in Oz who are targeted for testing?

Off the top of my head nuclear workers and military are regularly tested
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Oops... I may have inadvertently mislead some of you. That was an email that was forwarded to me. I figured it was from a truck driver or the like. Weren't written by me!

Interesting point re the timing though, Wicky. I guess the smart ones (if I can use that term) would use stuff that doesn't stay in the system long. Perhaps random testing would be the answer, but lots of it, so it really is a risk they take.

If it were up to me, most of them would just get food stamps & some kind of rent subsidy with the few legitimate ones being stringently tested to receive more. None of this "oh, you haven't had a job for a couple of weeks? Let me give you government money so you have no incentive to ever work again".

Wicky, I'm assuming you're a nurse or the like. We don't have to be tested... yet. I had a head ct recently & told a little white lie to get that for free... and some bloods as well. CT was going to cost me $320! Bloods wouldn't have been cheap either since they were investigative & we did just about everything we could think of. Points to you for being brave enough to do the cat thing!