Black one at Castle Coombe

Spotted another fellow Stormer? See if it was anyone on here!
Kermit

Black one at Castle Coombe

Post by Kermit »

Spotted a black one behind Quarry corner, next to the gents with a Nitro helmet locked to the front wheel.

Anyone on here ?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hay! That's my neck of the woods 8O
What cha doing at Castle Coombe Kermit?

Pete.l
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Went to watch the bike racing on Saturday. Was a decent day out, bit annoying that the ameuters kept crashing resulting in alot of restarts. On the other hand, did see a few crashes ;)

Saw a nice GSXR totally trashed at Quarry corner, several cartwheels of the bike with the rider lying around 60 feet away from his bike.
Sound of Thunder race was good (Singles, Twins & Triples) won by a mile by a guy on a Triumph 675, but there was a KTM 660 embarrasing a few Dukes etc due to the lower gearing on a short circuit he was holding em up in the corners but leaving em for dead on the exit !
Best racing was in the Classics though, first 4 guys were swapping places constantly.

Would have gone today too but didn't want to annoy er indoors too much.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Bit of a dodgy moment coming through a village on the way out too. Hit a patch of fine gravel with the front wheel & took around an 10-12" slide sideways.

Probably all the rain we've had lately had washed this patch into the road. Didn't really have time to think or do anything but tyre just gripped again & I carried on as normal (albeit a little more tentatively). Quickly checked over my shoulder as my bro was following, but luckily he'd taken a different line to me.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Sounds like a great day out. I didn't realise it was going on or I'd have been up for coming along. Nice to have the sunshine out and about for a bit as well, I'm thoroughly P/O'ed with the amount of rain so far this summer.
Nasty stuff gravel, nothing like finding some just around a corner to get your sphinkter muscles working properly :wink: :lol: :lol:

Pete.l