Tail Tidy Advice

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
blindmaninchains

Tail Tidy Advice

Post by blindmaninchains »

I've been looking around for a tail tidy. I can't seem to find one specifically for the Storm out the bike-specific ones, so was wondering if anyone had used a universal one (Motrax RSend, Oxford PlateMate) and had any tips when it comes to cutting away the original acres of plastic mudguard / where to mount / what to do about the reflector etc etc.

Also, I'm wanting to fit new indicators, front and back. Looking at the Motrax Micro Arrow for the rear and Motrax Micro Fairing for the front.

All advice/tips gratefully received - I really can't emphasize how UN-handy I am, even when it comes to simple stuff like this. :oops:
There's nothing nice in my head, the adult world took it all away
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Theres a few threads about undertrays and stuff knocking around.

The original undertray is a nightmare to hack up, so I just butchered it completely just behind the battery box and fitted a powerbronze undertray.

The indicators on mine are relocated to the rear fairing and the number plate and stuff is screwed directly to the undertray. The reflectors are car door edge ones.

pic:

Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
blindmaninchains

Post by blindmaninchains »

That looks smart Kitch, but I wouldn't have the confidence in my own ability to "butcher" the original undertray like you did.
There's nothing nice in my head, the adult world took it all away
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

piece of wee mate

5 minutes with a dremel...
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
glynmitch

Post by glynmitch »

Here's mine. Not sure what type it is but I bought it off a lad on here.

kevg

Post by kevg »

here's mine, after trying the same undertray as Kitch and binning it i ordered a Skidmarx one, which is a piramid one going by the sticker on it.

couldn't work out hot to mount the indicators on the bracket they supplied for the reg plate/indicators so ended up mounting them all to the tray so that they are just clear of the high level cans. just need to put a reflector on somewhere and thats it..
cheerz

kev