Nearly back on the road

General Bike chat
kevg

Nearly back on the road

Post by kevg »

Well after two or three months of a hell of a long running saga i'm nearly there, new WP rear shock, re-sprung and overhauled forks with powder coated lowers, carbon front mudguard, powder coated swing arm, new hugger, new clutch plates, powder coated wheels, new chain and sprockets, coerce fork brace, coerce sprocket cover, undertray, new rear indicators and reg plate, wired in a digi gear indicator, pazzo levers and put on duncs corbin seat.

cleaned up the exhaust and lightly polished the bits that you can see...thank feck i never went any farther, they discoloured crap brown the first time i started the bike, lol, really poor stainless. ah well next winter i'll ceramic coat them and cure that one.

things still to do:

1. sort the chain, the guys i bought the chain and sprockets from apart from taking 4 weeks to send it after the scottish bike show managed to send me the wrong chain, only found out after i fitted the back wheel and ran out of chain adjustment, doh!! 104 links, B******DS.

2. sort the exhaust out next winter

3. fit the twin headlight conversion...and repaint the plastic bit of it.

4. ride the bloody thing, only been on it twice this year so far.
cheerz

kev
NuttyTart

Post by NuttyTart »

.........and after months of all your hard work I've converted you into a bladerider :D :D :D :lol: :wink:

glynmitch

Post by glynmitch »

Looking shweet Kev. Liking the belly pan :wink:
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Kev,
Really like that, especially the sprocket cover
When I get time (and the garage setup properly) I'm gonna be making one of those out of an old std one

Also think the fork legs look great too

But I cant believe you've not done anything with the footpegs
So I've attached a couple of pics to give you some inspiration :)

I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
kevg

Post by kevg »

Ben i was due to get a set of harris pegs from eggshell stu, but no one seems to have heard from him since he posted up that he was selling his bike and maybe splitting the goodies up from it. i missed a couple of sets on ebay cause i thought i was getting his.

i've been keeping an eye on the coerce ones on ebay.com, $350 from japan but they only have fixed height ones and i think i'd struggle if they went back 30mm and up 25, i get cramp on the bike with the pegs where they are. the guy sells other adjustable types for the SP's so i'll maybe mail him and see if he can get anything he's not advertising for the storm...and the dollar price makes it worthwhile buying from america to.

i just want to ride the thing, its been one long saga of late items and sellers letting me down. i'll look at the exhaust and maybe pegs over next winter, but might buy some if i see any over the next few months. i've missed to many meet ups and rallies already because the bike has been in bits.
cheerz

kev
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Rims look schmick!
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

whos rock do i gotta suck to get one of those sprocket covers?

im powdercoating as many bits as i can after seeing yours. i wasnt too sure before

but now i am

looks lovely mate
kevg

Post by kevg »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Coerce-S ... enameZWDVW

postage is about $18 to the uk, comes direct from japan in a few days, i got the fork brace to, postage was the same for two items as one. if you look in the guys shop he does rear sets and carbon front mudguards, i'm waiting to see what other rear sets he will come up with...you can also find the coerce website here:

http://www.dax.co.jp/coerce/index.html

its in japanese and has some great english translations...rear sets are aparrently fixed racing steps.
cheerz

kev
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Kev mon ami... tres bling quesque tu fait avec le blade boucout petit pour la grande homme nes -pa.

the storm looks the mutts m8 ,cant wait to hear how she handles.. think ill shoot up your way next weekend and try her myself :wink:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
kevg

Post by kevg »

lol, Marty, we will need to catch up soon. how's your bike going, still got the kawa or chopped it in for something else yet.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Your bike is looking great Kev 8)
The yellow and black work really well together :!: 8)

You must be well pleased with the out come :!:

Chris.

PS. I know you say you've had them powder coated, but what is the exact colour of your wheels, I obviously can see you've kept the black on the spokes and center hubs but those rims look cool :?:
kevg

Post by kevg »

i'm not sure of the colour but i think its called Chromax. and its expensive, about twice the price of a normal set to get done.

i am pleased with the bike, its looking good for a 5 year old bike, like new now, just need the chain sorted and i'm done for now.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

kevg wrote:i'm not sure of the colour but i think its called Chromax. and its expensive, about twice the price of a normal set to get done.
I've just done a Google search on Chromax, it definitely sounds as if thats what it is, as peeps are saying it looks like it's been polished, (even though it is a powder coat) which yours definitely does look like that, in the pic's :!: 8) 8) 8) Thanks for the info Kev.
kevg

Post by kevg »

i think i phoned these guys in Gt Yarmouth:

http://www.aerocoat.net/EnterTitleWHEEL ... OATING.htm
cheerz

kev
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

been there, its just around the corner from my parents house. done some candy blue wheels for my brothers rs125. looked phenominal

i couldnt recommend them enough :D :D :D :D