Police Campaign in Perthshire

General Biker Banter
bob the builder

Police Campaign in Perthshire

Post by bob the builder »

My pal who works as a copper in Perth was up for a beer last night and has told me that there will be a "biker awareness" campaign begining in Perthshire this month.
It's the usual stuff, stop you,check bike over, maybe issue tickets for dark visors, loud cans etc. and of course the obligitory lecture on speed/deathtolls etc.

Whilst out and about yesterday I came across 2 accidents between Dunkeld and Blairgowrie (you know the road Zero) one biker colliding with a wall (very bent red RF 900) and the other colliding with a caravan ( fortunately little damage), i am sure you can see the local rag headline next week.

Take care out there folks, we have some of the best roads for biking in this area but they also attract the caravaners and tourists!

Look out for the dark green BMW 3 series, the unmarked bugger they are using.

ride safely
:) :)
blindmaninchains

Post by blindmaninchains »

Was up there last month, the road from Perth north to Inverness is a good un! Lots of speed cameras mind.
There's nothing nice in my head, the adult world took it all away
glynmitch

Re: Police Campaign in Perthshire

Post by glynmitch »

[quote="bob the builder"]My pal who works as a copper in Perth was up for a beer last night and has told me that there will be a "biker awareness" campaign begining in Perthshire this month.
It's the usual stuff, stop you,check bike over, maybe issue tickets for dark visors, loud cans etc. and of course the obligitory lecture on speed/deathtolls etc.
quote]

Just in time for BSB at Knockhill on the 1st of July then :roll:
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

I got pulled by that unmarked,beemer two years ago, outside scone. he was on his own and his video equipment was on the fritz. gave me a lecture cos i overtook him in a 40. while he was doing 40. :roll: there is also a piece of zx6r fairing beside the road into work. gotta be extra vigilant. diesel. mud.tractors.fkin tourists, johnny foreigner, and lorries loaded to the gunnels with felled trees appearing in corners half on my side of the road, that'll wake ye up in the morning boy i tell ye! 8O
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
bob the builder

How's the Kwaker goin' then Marty,compared to the storm, and do you miss it?
cheers
Bob
:)
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

sure do miss her bob m8. had a nasty slapper yesterday.[wrong gear too much wrist] ooooooooooooer...went fishtailing up the road holding it wide open till it sorted itself..wouldnt have happened on the storm.. i'd just of left it in the gear it was in and grunted outta the corner.. funny thing was it should've scared the bejesus outta me. but not even a raised pulse?? i just thought OH NO not again. gripped the bugger with the knees and relaxed the grip on the bars. and accelerated through it. I'm really enjoying the Nine ,
it's fuk me fast. handles way better than my storm. [when it was standard].
i struggle to keep my speed legal, it needs new tyres [already] and i just had the first major service done £320.68. 6 hours labour. needed two shims and now it runs like a wet dream..put 5000miles on her since march. laughing out loud into my helmet over every mile. i've softened the rear up a little and stiffened up the front. [my first time fiddling with suspension set up].and it's more planted in quicker corners where i would run wide regularly [just] taking her to knockers this month as a guest of J Wier perth for an evening thraaaaaaaap round the track..cant wait :D :D :D
bob the builder

glad to hear you are enjoying the bike mate. Talking of Knockers, i am heading there on 11th july courtesy of j weir. it will be my first ever track day after 20 years of biking and to be honest i am a bit unsure of what to expect, i love riding the bike fast and do on an almost daily basis but this is a differnet type of fast riding, have you got any hints or tips for a novice on the track?
cheers
:D
Ggyddn

Post by Ggyddn »

hey Bob,

I did my first track day at bikefest - donington - and it was out of this world.

The things i got told was do not use your mirrors and just consentrate on wats in front of you ... easyer said than done ... buttrust me you do get used to it .... and you will have the biggest grin on your face when you have finished.

Good luck

Dave
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

I was terrified on my first trackday! till i got on the track that is..there will probably be two groups, advanced and novice, last time i went to a j weir trackday the novice group was packed, and only three guys went out in the advanced group. so i reckon i,m advanced this time round. [let them zoom off and give me a clear track to fuk up my lines on]. tips?? hmmmmmm.
fold the mirrors back or take them off. fill up at the petrol station down the road before you get there. warm up your tyres for a couple or three laps before you really whack it open .tape up your lights [although knockhill dont insist you do this].. make sure of the usual....tyres..[pressure,,wear] chain correctly tensioned..plenty brake pad left...you know the drill!..then get out there and have a blast..oh yeah......do not fall off...I'll see ya there 8O