For MotoGP fans..

General Bike chat
speedfreek

For MotoGP fans..

Post by speedfreek »

Life has a 100% mortality rate, and there ain't no cure.. LIVE IT UP! ... and yes, I'm 100% red blooded American infidel!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Pretty good article,

I watched all the races this year and thought that Hayden did exactly the right thing by getting to know the bike and circuits before trying to be a superhero and ending up with egg on his face, he has shown himself to be a very professional rider and I think he will be right up at the sharp end next year. Looking forward to it.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
speedfreek

RC 211V for Colin

Post by speedfreek »

Yep.. With Rossi going to Yamaha and Edwards coming back to
Honda it should be an interesting year to say the least.

I heard that Edwards has already set faster lap times on a few
tracks than Rossi on his new RC 211V

8) TJ 8)
Life has a 100% mortality rate, and there ain't no cure.. LIVE IT UP! ... and yes, I'm 100% red blooded American infidel!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Can't help thinking that Ducati are going to have something to say about things next year, still all in all makes for good viewing.

Is the AMA going to be another Matt Maladin roadshow next year???
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
speedfreek

MotoGP

Post by speedfreek »

iggy1966 wrote:Can't help thinking that Ducati are going to have something to say about things next year, still all in all makes for good viewing.
Their bikes were certainly impressive this year, given that they
were essentially brand new.
Is the AMA going to be another Matt Maladin roadshow next year???
Not sure. Honda was still running the V-twin RC against the Gixxer1K
and other inline-4's since the rule change. Next year they'll be featuring
the 1000RR and will be much more competitive.

I think Ben Bostrom will have something to offer Matt
8) TJ 8)
Tony_tbone

Post by Tony_tbone »

Hey Speedfreak, are you the same speedfreak that posts on the Speed Insider Forum? This forum is little bit more laid back as you've probably noticed.

I've been following Hayden for the last couple years and he never ceases to amaze me. I was rooting for him this year but didn't expect him to finish as high as he did, 5th overall.

I think he will be in the top 5 next year most of the time. It's going to be a very exciting season with Edwards riding for Honda and Rossi on the Yamaha. I'm very interested to see how both of these guys will do with their new rides. I think Rossi has his work cut out for him. Especially since Honda won't let him start riding for Yamaha until January 1st.
'98 VTR1000F - Superhawk 996
Dallas, TX
speedfreek

moto gp stuff..

Post by speedfreek »

Tony_tbone wrote:Hey Speedfreak, are you the same speedfreak that posts on the Speed Insider Forum?
Nope, the only other forum I'm on is the XX forum..
http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum

And it's alot more hardcore than the VTR forum.
I was rooting for him this year but didn't expect him to finish as high as he did, 5th overall.
The guy is amazing. He _and_ his brothers are all very talented.
I think he will be in the top 5 next year most of the time.
Absolutely. I think he'll finish second overall behind Edwards.
(those two are gonna dice it up alot!)
I think Rossi has his work cut out for him. Especially since Honda won't let him start riding for Yamaha until January 1st.
I think he's toast. I don't think Yamaha can bring a bike to the
table that will compete with the RC211V. We'll see..

8) TJ 8)
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

I think it's gonna take most of this season for Rossi to develop the Yam and adjust to it, which he's shown himself to be good at in the past. I'm not sure whether he'll be doing his usual 'a year to learn then a year to win' bit, quite likely though.

When he first rode the V5 it was apparently in a similar state to the yam, ie lots of power, lots of potential but most of it unrealised. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the podium in the second half of the year (probably not as consistently as this year tho) and then a title contender for next year.

Edwards, Hayden and Gibernau should take advantage while it lasts. :wink2 If anyone is toast, I think it's Biaggi, although I've always hated him so I would say that... :mrgreen:

Does anyone know what Haga and McCoy are doing for next year? It'd be good to see them both mix it up a bit too, both of em are capable of it when they manage to not crash. :whatever :biggrin
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch