What's my bike actually worth?

General Bike chat
Hanuman

What's my bike actually worth?

Post by Hanuman »

Had it for sale for a week and not even a sniff. it's on biketrader web and came out in the mag b4 the weekend and not even a tinkle.

01 Y plate FY model with 9300 miles, brand new tyres, Oct Tax, 1yr MOT. Pretty much immaculate. FSH, recent brake pads & fluids etc etc at 8K miles.

Standard except cosmetic carbon hugger/chain guard/tank pad & laser cut rad covers.

What should it be going for in the real world?

It really must go so a realistic price is what I'm looking to put it up for.
The Official Border Hooner.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I paid £2800 for my '52 plate F2, 4000 miles with high level blue-flames, hugger, braided hoses etc last September.

Two months later my mates brother bought a '98 storm for the same price.

Best of luck. A bit more good weather is always good for a sale at this time of year.

Davey
JonVTR

Post by JonVTR »

think your mates brother got ripped off lol
1997 VTR1000F
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

JonVTR wrote:think your mates brother got ripped off lol
Me thinks he did too :( ...I got my 98 with 22k on the clock FSH + Hugger, Double Bubble Screen and End Cans for £ 1700.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I didn't have the heart to tell him I'd just seen one almost the same go on fleabay for £1550.

Still, he's happy with it. His first words to me were "why didn't anyone tell me about these".

Another convert! :)
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

i reckon £2200-£2300 is the most you'll get at a push.......this seems to be the norm for later models.......all the ones higher than this never go on fleabay and pop back up in a couple weeks.

Try gumtree.com ..... i put my old superfour on there and got a flurry of calls in the first day......free to post your ad too!!

VeetyR
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!