Snifffle

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Nice choice Marty,
A good work horse which should cover all you needs in my opinion. Capable of touring , poodling into town and attacking the twisties with abundance 8)

Pete.l
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Sounds brilliant! Good luck with it Zero.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Red

Post by Red »

Sounds like a nice buy Marty,

What is she like comfort wise?, I love my storm but after a 200+ mile Journey feel like Ive had the sh*t kicked out of me. (must be gettin old!) :lol:

Actually my first choice of bike was a Kwak zx6 R they had in Hunts of Manchester, just didn't have the readys at the time.

I want to keep my storm but would love a more comfy bike for touring
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Bar conversion Red?
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

green and as standard as it came outta the crate..black hugger ..irridium DB screen.. crash bungs.. i love the standard silencer. a huge titanium one [which will go into storage.as soon as ive chosen an end can..] wouldn't want to have to buy one from Kawa 8O ..ill also loose the pillion pegs, and it needs a seat hump. K& N and a jet kit and braided hoses ,although the brakes are sharp they pale when compared to the SP/GSXR set up i had on the storm.the braided hoses should sort that.its running on pilot sports at the mo but as they are near the limit wiers have ordered a pair to fit on friday [free]
the ninja is really surprisingly comfy even for my boney butt..and i expected to suffer at the knees too but i just seem to fit nicely even at 6' 4''. an easy reach to the clip ons.no helmet fandango in the wind it's like riding in a bubble.. i think it's a better handling bike than my[sniff] firestorm.i'm really enjoying those corners,and the ninja pulls away from ANYTHING.and when the tacho gets up past 9.5k you get pushed along by the hand of satan demons and banshees screeching and wailing in the airbox :twisted: i found i can ride quicker on the ninja than on the storm [no sh1t sherlock].but i really miss the engine braking, and being lazy with the gears..but the ninja is shaping up to be a fun ride.heres hoping we ALL have a fkin fantastic years riding..[ill post a pic when i find the camera] :wink:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
Red

Post by Red »

Do you think it would make a lot of difference Kitch? Do you mean handlebar risers. Do you know anyone on the forum thats had it done? :?:
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Quite a few folks have done it.

Either bar raisers or full bar conversion.

See these:

viewtopic.php?t=8523
viewtopic.php?t=7732&highlight=risers

I'm working on something at the moment and might have a set of raisers going. (the same as in the second thread above) Depends if my cunning plan works, in which case, I'll have no use for them.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good luck with your new bike Marty :!: :D That is one bike I had considered getting myself, well before I got the Storm that is, of course :wink:

Cheers,

Chris.
Last edited by sirch345 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

sirch345 wrote:Good luck with your new bike Kitch :!: :D
Huh?

When did I get a new bike, and why didn't anyone tell me?
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

I woke up this morning and..........oh sh1t i'm a black lab.. 8O and where did my ninja go!!!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Zer0Zer0 wrote:I woke up this morning and..........oh sh1t i'm a black lab.. 8O and where did my ninja go!!!
See... that's what you get for selling the Storm.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

sirch345 wrote:Good luck with your new bike Kitch :!: :D That is one bike I had considered getting myself, well before I got the Storm that is of course :wink:

Cheers,

Chris.
:oops: :oops: :oops: I better correct that then :wink:
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

so here is a pic of the ninja..

Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Looks nice

Have to say, I've always quite liked the 9R. But the black and gold one. I couldnt have Kawasaki green.
alan

Post by alan »

Kwakers are meant to be green but saying that i love the dark ZX10 (not the underseat pipe version)