Just in case you know someone who knows someone etc etc

General Biker Banter
LotusSevenMan

Just in case you know someone who knows someone etc etc

Post by LotusSevenMan »

This is from one of 'our' members on the Lotus Seven car site.

Worth a call in case someone gets offered it. Probably in a million bits by now but..................

I know this is a car forum but can i put out a small plea to anyone in the Basingstoke area to keep their eyes peeled for my 1999 Honda XR250 Enduro Bike (V302 MDL) which was taken from 'neath my flat near the Station sometime this weekend. We've just got back from a nice 24 hours with the in-laws - oh the irony - to find some thieving scrotes who care not one jot for how hard one works to pay for such things, have made off with her.

She's red, with Carbon Fibre side panels (upgradeitis), red goodridge brake lines, red anodised aluminium bits all over her, a plain aluminium but very thick bash plate under the engine and very hard rear suspension which makes her all but unrideable on the road over 60mph and therefore (hopefully) may have killed the thieving b@st@rds before they got too far... She's also Japanese in that the lights (including indicators) are always on, and unlike Euro-versions of this machine she has an electric start and rear pillion pegs.

If anyone in the Basingstoke area sees her, please can you let me know via blatmail. The Constabulary have been informed but, of course, think it unlikely that i'll see her again.

Cheers, Chris (LSM)
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!