What a mug(me), lost keys and thieves in the night!!!!

General Biker Banter
VeetyR

What a mug(me), lost keys and thieves in the night!!!!

Post by VeetyR »

Hi guys.....just thought i would share a story of a mug who lost his only set of bike keys yesterday......i got something out from under the seat and think i may have left em in the lock.......anyway after turning the house upside down i initiated plan A and started to make phonecalls to garages....all i got was a lot of sshhwwwwww(sucking sounds)...and answers like "you are f**ked mate" ...... It seemed the only way round this was gonna be to take the top yoke off with the barrel and take it to a locksmith who would then cut a key.........

After much thought i initiated plan B and tried the original dealer the bike was bought from in order to track down the 1st keeper to see if he would still have the key number written down(long shot i know)......luckily, the garage had the number in their records( as of y2k this practice became illeagle and key numbers came on a tab with a new bike so only the owner would know it ).

Armed with my new info i approached my local honda dealer who said they could have a new key for me by friday( ordered 2 copies this time lol ).....I just hope that the barrel has not been changed since the bike was new...or its back to plan A.

Needless to say my fears of someone getting my key were magnified last night when the guy who works downstairs told me that he saw 2 people standing where my bike "was" parked pointing to where my lock had previously been(around a lampost).......one of them then crossed the road to where i moved the bike to and lifted up the cover and had a look underneath it..........

when i asked how long ago he said "about an hour".........i thought FFS :evil: u could have told me at the time so i could have busted some melons and checked some pockets :twisted: . . but thanked him anyway and spent a very sleepless night jumping up to the window at the slightest noise that woke me :cry: ( not nice ).

Anyway....to wrap this up i feel like a complete c**k right now and am supa vexxed.......i am living in fear and it aint nice....dont lose your keys people and make sure u got the keynumber written down somewhere safe.......VeetyR
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Sounds iffy too me, the guy's checking your bike over, might be worth shifting your parking place around abit if you can, and get a couple of locks instead of one.

it's a Bugger when you lose your keys though
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I'd be setting up a tent over you and the bike & camping there until you get it sorted. The Stormers in your area can organise a 24 hour roster to keep it covered...

Honestly though, good luck! Everyone in London, check out every black Storm you see!!!
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?