WARNING!!!!!.Cash card users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

WARNING!!!!!.Cash card users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by sirch345 »

I don't know if you've already heard about this or even if it's for real, although it looks real enough to me, but I thought better to be save than sorry!

Chris.

http://www.vtr1000.org/cpg/albums/userp ... THEFTS.PPS
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hay that's pretty cool
Right...who's got access to some x-ray film?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete.l
Radiator

Post by Radiator »

Hmmmmm !

Hey Chris you seem to know alot about it :oops: :oops: I'll go shares on any money you make.... 8O 8O

He He!!

Peter
The old Northern man looking for that thing I lost years ago .From Leeds West Yorks.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

It is for real. I used to work for a card company and this is the number 2 way of having your details nicked (number 1 being cloning in swipe machines at restaurants and garages)

Its a decidedly low tech method though and rather than "help" you with the machine, more commonly they'll film you with a mobile to establish your PIN.

Also, many gangs will use very convincing fake card slots or even put a facia on the entire cash machine, so looking at it might not reveal anything dodgy.

Always check the machine. Always check for people hanging around. Always shield your PIN with your hand over it. (if you cant enter it 'blind' - learn) And if a machine takes your card, speak to the bank straight away by going in immediately or phone them from a mobile while you're there. (save their number in your phone book - virtually nobody does this!) Cancel this card. Yes it's a pain, but would you rather wait a few days or lose all your money?

Also, whilst phoning the bank, move away from the ATM - these gangs will think nothing of just plain old school mugging you if they think you've rumbled them.

So, try not to take cash out when the bank is shut and especially late at night. Get it before you go out

Never give a card behind a bar for a drinks tab and never let restaurant staff take your card away to pay then bring it back. Be vigilant whenever you give your card to anyone. Fortunately, chip & PIN has largely eliminated cloning fraud from swipe machines, but still dont let your card out of your sight.

Most importantly check your statement. Do it regularly online if you can. Notify the bank immediatewly you suspect anything is wrong.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Kitch wrote:Most importantly check your statement. Do it regularly online if you can. Notify the bank immediatewly you suspect anything is wrong.
Good advice Kitch.

As a victim of identity theft last year I'll echo the advice to check your statements. Thats how I spotted that some scumbag had been spending on my visa :x

And report it to the feds to get a crime number. Very useful thing to pass on to your bank or credit card company.
Rich.

delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

now that's a daily allowance, £4000, think I can only get £500 out a day.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

How did you manage to get a power point presentation to work?? as I have got a couple I wouldnt mind sharing, some Tony may like :lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

delmeekc wrote:now that's a daily allowance, £4000, think I can only get £500 out a day.
I thought the same thing, although I wouldn't want to lose £500 even, especially to some low life scum :!:

Somebody said that you can also now transfer money from one account to another using a ATM machine, so perhaps that's what they mean :!:
Gavin wrote:How did you manage to get a power point presentation to work?? as I have got a couple I wouldnt mind sharing, some Tony may like :lol: :lol:
I thought the same thing at first, but thought it worth a try. As it was quite small it worked, I just up loaded it into the gallery as you would a picture then copied the url and pasted it in my post :)